I noticed that lifetime price Increased!

Sorry what offer are you referring to… could you detail it? I’m confused by the partial quoting of quoting in previous threads.

See here

1 Like

I finally went lifetime two weeks ago, I am glad that I did. $699 would have made me hesitate. But maybe that’s the point. A higher lifetime may result in more people paying yearly.

1 Like

I have an annual now, and if I didn’t I’d take Danny up on this offer.

This is very cool of you.

1 Like

699 will certainly lead me to cancel my subscription. I‘m in my third year and still was not convinced to spend 499 on a product that does not support AU or VST plugins. Since Audirvana gets better all the time I‘ll be out as soon as the current period is terminated.
Farewell Roon!

1 Like

I am in one-year membership and I would like to upgrade to lifetime. How can I enjoy the $499 offer? Thanks.

1 Like

Play pretend Roon, instead of the large price increase, decided to stop selling lifetime subscriptions (as they have stated they will do at some point). Would you still be canceling your service? The annual subscription price did not change. There was a new release today with a bunch of new features and improvements.

Read here on why AU/VST is not practical for Roon:

It sounds like you were going to go away from Roon no matter what. Why make a big deal out of it?

2 Likes

I saw an article somewhere (I forget where) that the average American pays $1300 per year for digital media subscriptions.

That’s average, not elites.

Great. The software is worth every penny, even at 699$.

Remember that all future updates is included in this. Roon just gets better and better. Exactly like buying a Tesla. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just because you stream content, it doesn’t mean it’s ‘free’.
Artists, actors, directors, producers, musicians, software developers etc all need a pay-day.
Just because you don’t have a pile of shiny discs to show for your outlay, doesn’t make your outlay any less ‘valuable’.

1 Like

Seems high. I would think most people here are “music addicts” or something close. I don’t buy much music now with my streaming (Qobuz) subscription having just about evrything I spin. Even if you had Tidal and Qobuz, that’s less than $500 USD. Maybe that dollar figure includes music download purchases.

So there will be new resources to integrate room correction etc what many are demanding - making Roon better and providing a major step up.

1 Like

Not via VST, no.

New resources? How so? The higher price of lifetime subscriptions means there will be less of those purchased and more annual subscriptions purchased. That means less cash now and more later…

I have tested the SW , it’s nice , I would like to have it, even with a subscription to say . But I have to be realistic as well. 119$ per year is almost as a Tidal subscription. Spotify is even less . Roon as far as I understood , is a peace of sw which integrates all in 1 place, streamers, local servers and so on , but it does not have an own streaming platform . I am mistaken with something in this affirmation? So based on this , it is expected to pay for roon, an integration platform only and maybe documentation data base for each melody with pictures and so on, the same amount, or maybe more , then a streaming service where there is also audio content , for which they have to pay as well subscription to the audio makers ? Is in it a little expensive per say ? But let say , you did the math and it’s really worth it, than how can the increase in price is justified ? 200 $ in plus for lifetime, with no advertise in some updates … How can it be ? . For my self I am really considering if Roon can be a deal o not. I really do not like when company increase price just because …

Even at €2.50 a week its still cheap. I know how much I appreciated what Roon was doing for my listening during the trial period…Lifetime was a no brainer…Tidal costs me about the same per year. I went Liftetime several years ago.

1 Like

I honestly don’t think it’s an absurd amount in the audiophile world considering all its features, support and future growth prospects (ok, we don’t know where it will go, but the 1.7 release shows that Roon is alive and well)

Many people spend this amount on a cable …

1 Like

I just spent that much on a switch (ETHERegen) to try it out…my 2 x THX 789’s cost a few hundred $$ more will be coming soon for late night listening using headphones. This hobby is not cheap…but add in the enjoyment my partner and I get from having music able to be dropped off anywhere in the house (we have a lot off CD’s ripped to local storage) makes the costs even more value.

Pretty sure I have spent far more on M$Office over the years and im still paying for it… :expressionless:

As a lifetime subscriber I think that even 699 is price worth for this product. I agree the price change could have been communicated in another way and giving current anual subscribers with let’s say 3 months left the possibillity to go for a lifetime membership for the old price. I think Roon is an excellent enhancement to medium and high-end audio setups, where people spents 1000’s of dollars to hardware. What’s 699 to make your 1000’s dollars audio-sets increase tot twice as user-friendly and flexibel? And if 699 is too much, keep your membership on an anual base (price equals 5-6 CD’s) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just so I am clear on this. For someone who starts an annual subscription today, you would honor the previous lifetime subscription of $499 if that person converts thirty days from now? Or, are you saying that anyone who bought an annual in the last 30 days could convert at the old price as of today? Actually asking for a friend because I already have lifetime. :slight_smile: