I thought Roon 1.6 (Build 401) was supposed to better DSP on low-rez devices? [Ticket In]

I just upgraded everything to Roon 1.6 (Build 401).

The release notes reads…

Parametric EQ

• Fit more of the UI on small screens

But where the last v1.5 build provided ‘some’ DSP on the mobile remote running on my Note 8 (included the left margin selections), v1.6 lost that and I’m now left with the following. … I can’t be alone in this, can I?

Please advise. Thank you.

Hi @Steve_Mato — Apologies for the trouble here.

I’ve passed this along to the team so they can investigate. I’ll be sure to update you when I receive their feedback.

Thanks!

Update — I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved. Thanks again for the report!

1 Like

Much thanks!

Hi @Steve_Mato,

We’ve made a change in Roon 1.6 (Build 416) that we believe should resolve this issue for you. Please update your device and give this a try. You can read the full release notes here:

1 Like

Today was the first opportunity I had to verify (I was away). Thank you. I can confirm the DSP selectability is back…

I’d like to take this opportunity while I have your ear, to support DSP configurability too. As it’s totally usable on the same device [ my Samsung Note 8] when I use MS RDP to my Roon Core running on Windows 10 on a NUC.

I really to hope your organization finds it in your heart to allow us to have similar functionality in the mobile Remote one day. I know “effective resolution” is the issue. Can I suggest flipping screens, so that on the mobile Remote the DSP configuration can then utilize the full width of the effective res of the screen?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.