I upgraded trial to lifetime for $699 before 2023, now my account page lists $829 to be charged

on December 31st 2022, I upgraded to the lifetime option from my trial, in order to get the subscription for the old price of $699. The booking was confirmed by a pop-up window. It said that the lifetime option is now activated and my credit card will be charged $699 on January 12th, with the option to cancel up to this time. Also in my account information on the roon homepage, I could read that my „Roon lifetime subscription will start“ and I „will be automatically charged $699 using the payment method on file.“ So everything seemed to be fine.

Today, I was suprised to read a new price of $829,99 in my account information and that I will be automatically charged this higher price on January 12th.

What’s going on?
I am not interested in a lifetime subscription for the higher price, and I did not confirm booking of the higher price.

I did some research and found this thread of the roon team:

In this thread danny said that roon will do:
“locking in pricing for trials that will start in the final days of 2022 (only for the first charge)”

So roon promised to lock the pricing for subscriptions done in 2022, which is exactly what the system told me after switching to lifetime. But now they changed to the higher price instead??
(AFAIK you cannot book the lifetime option, without starting a trial first?)

Does anybody have the same problem?
Is just the information on my account information wrong and roon will charge the old price?
Will I have to cancel the trial before Jan 12th to prevent roon from booking the higher price?

Welcome to the Roon community, @arthomian.

I have unlisted your post, which is customary for account related queries. I’ve also flagged @accounts for you, who will respond in due course.

1 Like

Hey @arthomian,

I just got a chance to reply to your email as well, but I wanted to make sure I reply here as well. Thanks go to @Martin_Webster for tagging the accounts team :pray:

When your free trial automatically converts into a paid lifetime subscription, you will be charged $699.99, despite the amount displayed on your account page. The account page, unfortunately, displays the information on our pricing page:pensive:

2 Likes

Hey @beka,
thank you for your quick answer.
You or @Martin_Webster might consider to make this thread visible again, at least for a short period of time, as there should be customers with the same question.
yours, arthomian

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, @arthomian and for offering to make the thread visible again. On it :grin:

Good Evening. I’m happy to have found this post and I hope that it’s not against any forum policies to piggy back on this thread, if so, please just let me know and I’ll create a seperate thread, but I am facing the exact same question as @arthomian

I tired sending a help request, but I haven’t heard anything back yet. I also started my trail before January 1st, immediately knew that Roon was for me, and changed my payment option to lifetime for $699 to be charged on January 9th. Looking back a couple days ago, I saw that my lifetime charge had been altered to $829. As I started my trail prior to the new year, I really would like to have my original option of lifetime for $699 honored. @accounts @beka is there a step that I need to take in order to also receive the $699 lifetime option?

This is my first post, so I appreciate everyone’s consideration and assistance. Thanks, all!

Hey @Mark_Bratcher,
No. Don’t worry. You don’t have to do anything. The listed price on your account page is simply wrong. As @beka said, your “account page, unfortunately, (automatically) displays the (wrong) information (of their actual) pricing page”. You will be charged $699 on Jan 9th.

Moreover, you should have received an eMail from roon with the subject “Clarification on subscription pricing after trial conversion” a few minutes ago. There they write: “Your free trial will convert at the old price […] We understand that you started your free trial before January 1, 2023, and want to assure you that your free trial will convert to a paid subscription at the old pricing […] You can ignore the price listed on your account page.”

2 Likes

It’s worth noting that the system is automatic, and your first charge depends on which side of midnight on Jan 1st, 2023 UTC you started your trial.

The account page is wrong and always lists prices from 2023, so ignore it if you started your trial in 2022.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.