I’ve had issues with Roon Core connecting to Tidal ever since moving to Roon Core

I’ve had issues with Roon Core connecting to Tidal ever since moving to Roon Core. I live in Barcelona. I have two different ISPs. The below happens irrespective of the ISP I connect the Roon Core to.

My Roon Core is running on a

Prime Computer

  • PrimeMini 4
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-7300U 2a Intel Core i5-7300U
  • Memory module: 8GB DDR4-2400MHz 2a 8GB DDR4-2400MHz
  • Memory module: 8GB DDR4-2400MHz 2a 8GB DDR4-2400MHz
  • Storage SSD m.2: Samsung SSD 1TB 2a Samsung SSD 1TB
  • Storage 2.5’’: none 2a none
  • Operating system: Without operating system 2a Without operating system
  • Wifi & Bluetooth: with 802.11ac 867

System Status
Serial #54B2038DE250

  • Operating System
  • OK
  • Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
  • Running 0 minutes, 10 seconds.
  • Roon Server Software
  • OK
  • Version 1.8 (build 756) stable
  • Running 0 minutes, 3 seconds.
  • Roon Database & Settings
  • OK
  • 100% of 920 GB available.

External USB 1TB disk is where the music library is housed.

Roon Core is connected via USB to a Lampizator Altantic DAC.

The PrimeMini 4 running Roon core is ethernet cable connected to my router.

Roon Version 1.8 has made the issue worse.

Playing Tidal tracks via Roon Core just stops playing. Since 1.8 it is rare that I can get through an entire album without this happening. If I just wait the track may start playing in 5 minutes, 10 minutes even 30 minutes later.

Tidal by the way is always accessible on the same network. Always.

Sometimes just rebooting the Roon Server Software is enough to make it play again, for a while at least. Sometimes I need to reboot the computer itself.

Hi @John_Carbajal

Is there any change if you set your router to use Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS?

I’ll give Cloudflare DNS a try.

I had been using Google DNS but weird things started happening where nothing was working. So I turned it back to use the ISPs DNS. Things worked better but not great.


So I used Cloudflare DNS yesterday evening. Roon did not go in to Zombie mode where it couldn’t select a Tidal album/track. Most played right away and most played all the way through. However at times the “Tidal is loading slowly …” or similar message stopped playing, caused skipping to the next track, etc.

I don’t think this is an internal network issue nor ISP issue per se as I can access the album/tracks directly from Tidal w/o issue using the Tidal app. However I can’t be 100% sure.

I believe the issue is a connectivity issue on my end, somewhere. I started to see tracks played directly via the Tidal app also timeout.

Cloudflare DNS has definitely improved things.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.