I want to use Roon on my new PC

I’m not good at English, so I’m writing this using Google Translate.
Therefore, please forgive me if my English is not good.

I want to use Roon on my new PC, my Roon license is a permanent one.

Roon Server is built on NAS (synology DS723PLUS).

This time, I purchased a new PC and installed Roon. However, the device cannot be registered to ‘Settings - Audio’. ‘THIS PC’ is not displayed.

When I start up the old PC and start Roon, the device name used on your old PC will be displayed.

Even after uninstalling Roon on the old PC and shutting down, ‘THIS PC’ does not appear on the new PC.

The same thing happens even if I reinstall the NAS Roon Server.

I would like to disconnect the link from my previous PC, could you please tell me what to do?

First, check that you have Roon Server installed and running on your NEW PC.
In the Windows Start menu, you should see Roon Server in the list of apps:

Start it, and you should see Roon Server added to the list of running apps on the end of the Taskbar. Right click on its icon to check that it will be launched at startup:

Roon 2256

Now go to Roon on your OLD PC; in Roon go to Settings > General and click Disconnect:

You should now see a screen where you can choose the Roon Server that is running on your NEW PC (in my case, the PC’s name is BALZILLE):

Thank you for your reply.

I tried various methods.

I finally found that turning off McAfee firewall allowed the device to register.

Your advice was very helpful.

Thank you very much again.

You should put firewall exception rules into McAfee for the Roon software…

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.