I wonder what's going to be in 1.6?

Would a re-title to this posting be fitting now as Christmas has passed and no gift. So maybe the new title could be “Easter present”?

It might be nice to have some sort of feature voting mechanism - would make it a hell of lot easier than a long thread. In retrospect, I hate this thread - even though i started it.
:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Speculation topics always end up the same way … but this isn’t the first and won’t be the last.

1 Like

Yep it run its course … so I’ve put a timed close on it … if anyone has anything more to contribute there’s 20 left.

EDIT: Even though it has run it’s course, it’s been decided to leave this topic open rather than have 5 new ones spring up.

2 Likes

Imagine in a parallel universe there was a way to end speculation…

Voting for a feature request won’t mean something happens … I somehow doubt this forum is a representative sample of Roon users. So, a vote or a +1 is unhelpful:

Makes sense.

Patience is better than BUGS…:grinning:

2 Likes

At first I thought I let it pass. But now with the threat looming above us that the thread will close I cannot. So: @evand you won! :sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Roon does a fine job of laying out their plans. The level of engagement here is great and the product works as described.

1 Like

Well said , as a retired developer I would much rather wait for a fully debugged tested piece of software than a rush job that needs constant patching

The company I worked implemented long Change Freezes over the most sensitive commercial periods , Xmas , Financial Year End etc, the devs didn’t sit back and do nothing we simply didn’t release

Works well for me. Any software needs to evolve but “safely” the naysayers would be the first to moan if the product was buggy

1 Like

RAAT support for Devialet (work in progress) is also a big item not surprisingly taking time (and more time to do well, to quote @brian)

I don’t know why there is a need to close this thread. It is not abusive, etc. People seem to enjoy chattering even if it is nonsensical to some. That is one of the benefits of having an online community. Tired of the thread? Just bypass it. :thinking: :question:

4 Likes

Let me tell you as a UK native, voting ain’t all that.

22 Likes

“The Best Argument Against Democracy is a Five Minute Conversation with the Average Voter”

9 Likes

Even we are not getting any Christmas presents from Roon this year, early next year will be exciting one; Qobuz streaming and integration into Roon. Couldn’t be perfect timing?

An overhaul and improved internet radio with search engine like vTuner, Tunein etc will be great.

1 Like

Great post. I recommend you do a post a month like this with your current thoughts in your own thread with it locked for replies. I guess in a way like a blog. There may be a lot of people not opening a “christmas” thread and miss this helpful message! We appreciate all the hard work of you and the team!
Cheers,
Rob.

2 Likes

Thanks Brian.
Good to hear a straight from the hip answer that addresses things head on and rationally. Architecture is critically important for successful scaling, stability and speed of development. From all that you say it sounds like that has really been thought through. Good to see such system architectural thinking is alive and well these days.

Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?

9 Likes

One thing for sure, the folks at Roon have never ever shown disdain for their users. This an extremely unfair and inaccurate comment.

It makes no sense whatsoever to announce future enhancements as some will probably not work out, which will result in a lot of complaints. besides, no software house announces the dates of releases until they are practically out of the door.

If you do read the forums, you can get a pretty good idea what are some of the things they are working on. Some have been in development for quite a while now. You can’t blame them for not trumpeting announcements.

12 Likes