I wonder what's going to be in 1.6?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Plan for Roon Remote when Apple cuts OpenGL?

5 posts were split to a new topic: SoTM 200 Ultra update, product is displayed as uncertified

So no gift for Christmas apparently. Maybe for Chinese New Year, then?

Bingo. The blog is hardly the place to go. The lack of communication is perceived - by me - as being general disdain for the users.

Then we get a post like this. And things settle. So I guess going forward Roon could either post regular updates or sit back and get a kick out of folks getting apoplectic.

I never found a software house, either in this particular area or more generally, to announce their future enhancement plans. It isn’t disdain; its just good business practices.

Perhaps you have some examples in mind?

But Roon does announce their enhancement plans. Like knowing that mobile is on the roadmap. Plenty software companies these days announce their plans. Keynotes and customer conferences are a place to do so.

I’m not saying that Roon should suddenly hold a customer conference.

What irks is the lack of engagement. Software companies I’ve worked for and with would engage with users. UX would do a/b testing or even just engaging on the forums saying “what do you think of…”. I dont see that sort of engagement. And it isn’t letting the genie out the bottle. If you’re in software and you think your competitors are a blog post or forum post away from you, it’s missing the point. Roon is about experience. Not features (or at least it shouldn’t be about features solely).

Instead you get stony silence, a long and heated thread about something and then a post that puts the fire out. Why not put the sparks out before you have a fire? Or is it that we get a kick reading the threads for them?

1 Like

Huh!? Then I don’t understand your complaint.

That’s OK, I don’t want to argue, today.

1 Like

Would a re-title to this posting be fitting now as Christmas has passed and no gift. So maybe the new title could be “Easter present”?

It might be nice to have some sort of feature voting mechanism - would make it a hell of lot easier than a long thread. In retrospect, I hate this thread - even though i started it.
:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Speculation topics always end up the same way … but this isn’t the first and won’t be the last.

1 Like

Yep it run its course … so I’ve put a timed close on it … if anyone has anything more to contribute there’s 20 left.

EDIT: Even though it has run it’s course, it’s been decided to leave this topic open rather than have 5 new ones spring up.

2 Likes

Imagine in a parallel universe there was a way to end speculation…

Voting for a feature request won’t mean something happens … I somehow doubt this forum is a representative sample of Roon users. So, a vote or a +1 is unhelpful:

Makes sense.

Patience is better than BUGS…:grinning:

2 Likes

At first I thought I let it pass. But now with the threat looming above us that the thread will close I cannot. So: @evand you won! :sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Roon does a fine job of laying out their plans. The level of engagement here is great and the product works as described.

1 Like

Well said , as a retired developer I would much rather wait for a fully debugged tested piece of software than a rush job that needs constant patching

The company I worked implemented long Change Freezes over the most sensitive commercial periods , Xmas , Financial Year End etc, the devs didn’t sit back and do nothing we simply didn’t release

Works well for me. Any software needs to evolve but “safely” the naysayers would be the first to moan if the product was buggy

1 Like

RAAT support for Devialet (work in progress) is also a big item not surprisingly taking time (and more time to do well, to quote @brian)

I don’t know why there is a need to close this thread. It is not abusive, etc. People seem to enjoy chattering even if it is nonsensical to some. That is one of the benefits of having an online community. Tired of the thread? Just bypass it. :thinking: :question:

4 Likes