I wonder what's going to be in 1.6?

Let me tell you as a UK native, voting ain’t all that.

22 Likes

“The Best Argument Against Democracy is a Five Minute Conversation with the Average Voter”

9 Likes

Even we are not getting any Christmas presents from Roon this year, early next year will be exciting one; Qobuz streaming and integration into Roon. Couldn’t be perfect timing?

An overhaul and improved internet radio with search engine like vTuner, Tunein etc will be great.

1 Like

Great post. I recommend you do a post a month like this with your current thoughts in your own thread with it locked for replies. I guess in a way like a blog. There may be a lot of people not opening a “christmas” thread and miss this helpful message! We appreciate all the hard work of you and the team!
Cheers,
Rob.

2 Likes

Thanks Brian.
Good to hear a straight from the hip answer that addresses things head on and rationally. Architecture is critically important for successful scaling, stability and speed of development. From all that you say it sounds like that has really been thought through. Good to see such system architectural thinking is alive and well these days.

Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?
Are we nearly there yet?

9 Likes

One thing for sure, the folks at Roon have never ever shown disdain for their users. This an extremely unfair and inaccurate comment.

It makes no sense whatsoever to announce future enhancements as some will probably not work out, which will result in a lot of complaints. besides, no software house announces the dates of releases until they are practically out of the door.

If you do read the forums, you can get a pretty good idea what are some of the things they are working on. Some have been in development for quite a while now. You can’t blame them for not trumpeting announcements.

12 Likes

Absolutely and wholeheartedly agree with the base logic of no pre-holiday release, no loss of capability and everyone gets a break to come back refreshed for the release and the inevitable fall out that ensues.
I think consumers/users often forget the needs of the team supporting ROON, or any product sometimes, just think how working over the holiday affects your own family.
Still, I’m very excited about what may come, just before I renew my membership for year 4.

Probably no update until Qobuz launches, this way they can include Qobuz in the release.

Qobuz support could still be included in the Roon Release, after all it would work for all the geo areas that Qobuz currently stream to. So I don’t think argument stacks up so well. I guess time will tell.

We really do exist even though we don’t live in the USA. Hear us…

3 Likes

Who said that, I must be hearing [reading things]!?!?!:smile:

You ever been skeet shooting Carl…I think you’d be great!

I had to look up skeet shooting, over here it’s known as clay pigeon shooting, it’s good fun but I don’t think I’d take it up as serious hobby.

We can’t call it Clay ‘Pigeon’ shooting…PETA would have a hissy fit.

Anyways, this update situation reminds me of something I read somewhere…
“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of [a]heaven…" Re: Roon update and the second coming.

I’ d vaguely heard of it, Wikipedia says the competition to name it Skeet was won by Gertrude Hurlbutt. :joy:

1 Like

Very late Christmas present, so surely an Easter Egg now

Someone changed the title of this post.:laughing:

You can put lipstick on a pig, but…

3 Likes

I think local weather forecasts and a customize-able stock ticker

4 Likes

This one is for you @xxx

5 Likes