I wonder what's going to be in 1.6?

So we’re close tot he same date as last years’ Christmas release of 1.4…
That was Dec 18th I think… next week…
:pray:

It would be a nice present but I hope it will include an improvement to the Internet Radio function and Qobuz integration. They said they were working on it when they made their last release, so fingers crossed

1 Like

Gotcha. I would have thought that would be a given. There is web controller you can load on your phone. Not as convenient as voice/watch but better than walking lol. And some deeper integrations depending on what your core is running on (I run it on windows so I have a lot of options for automation. Not too versed in rock/Linux/nas/mac options.)

I think it would be churlish to publish spoil all the fun of anticipation , your PM system is blocked so I can’t do a PM to you maybe unblock it ?

Its enough to warrant my renewal :sunglasses:

1 Like

While I very much am hoping for a new release before Christmas, I also feel a bit sorry for the Roon Support Team if it happens.

3 Likes

True that.
Maybe last year put them off doing it again!

That’s a fair point. I am in the middle of telling my clients we’re not doing their last minute work between the 21st and the New Year, and it’s amazing how many folks actually were surprised. I don’t wish a heavy workload on anyone during the holiday. For us it is the only time we can really catch our breath.

That said, there are solutions: having half your support team somewhere else - i.e. where the holidays are not relevant or as relevant.

Just tell em no holidays !!!:sunglasses:

I spent most of my working career as a Brewer, latterly in South Africa where peak holidays and summer meant peak drinking , there was no doubt my boss told me NO Holiday for you , even when I was that boss I still had to work along with my team.

My experience in software releases , also quite extensive is never at weekends and never at Public Holidays

Do it on Tuesday then you have all week top sort it out when wrinkles inevitably occur.

Mike

I am already verry happy with Roon now
and enjoybthe music every day

2 Likes

Hilarious :grin:

I guess it varies a lot by industry. Where I work, in finance, software releases are always on Friday night because the system is in use 24/6. Also, regulators require us to have a year-end freeze on releases. Today will be our last day to release this year. (Sorry to get a bit off topic.)

I don’t think you will hear much disagreement, but that does not mean there is not room for improvement.

1 Like

Loudness is unknown for internet radio stations so leveling can only set a fixed value one chooses but stations vary considerably.

1 Like

Which is why having an option to set different settings of volume levelling for different sections (playlists, each radio station and so on) will be very nice to have.

3 Likes

Yes of course,improvement is always good
But before i play with iTunes and for me
Roon is already now on big improvement

Regards

1 Like

Christmas is coming soon…I wonder if we’ll have a nice surprise from Roon. :hugs:

perhaps a https://github.com/MycroftAI based voice control which bypasses stupid things such as Alexa, Siri, Cortana whatsoever which isn’t any good but in shipping your privacy to these vendors.

Christmas is, as you all know, a date. Roon doesn’t do dates. Software versions are released when they are ready, not before.

Have a look at the dates in the Software Release Notes category. Notice that 1.3 went live in Feb 2017 despite all manner of speculation about Christmas, New Year, Australia Day etc etc.

So try not to get too excited about arbitrary dates on the calendar. It will happen when it happens.

6 Likes

Spoilsport.
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Which is an industry first!
Sorry … couldn’t resist. :grin:

4 Likes