I wonder what's going to be in 1.6?

Yes – in my opinion, this is what Roon has decided to pursue. Oh well…

That would be great… New album releases from artists in your library

4 Likes

That is not the only piece that does not work. The key requirement for active Tidal playlist users is:

• A Tidal playlist can be edited in Roon (that is at a minimum Tidal songs can be added and removed from a Tidal playlist)

Tidal is a source for music… roon is not a management interface for tidal. I see no issue here

1 Like

My two requests seem pretty simple:

*Able to access DSP from the iPhone/Android app. I have two pairs of headphone I switch between, one of which is an Audeze LCD-3. I always need to grab my iPad in order to toggle the Audeze preset on and off.
*Update the iPad app to take advantage of the full resolution of the new iPad Pro 11” and work in portrait orientation.

A bit more unlikely: Apple Watch app. The BluOS Apple Watch app is surprisingly decent. First screen shows what’s playing, play/pause, skip back/forward and volume control. Second screen is your queue. Third screen presets. 4th screen your players/zones.

1 Like

While I would love to see a simple Apple Watch app I’m not holding my breath. There seems to be a focus on some major features which will be beneficial for the whole userbase, like mobile streaming or at least a mobile offline mode to begin with.

1 Like

They listen and respond better than Plex. Bloody awful to get any answers to support or otherwise over there.

eh ?!?

1 Like

At the moment, we are headed towards 100k members… We engage many in the way you point out, but not everyone.

We are a small team still, and engagement costs time and money. We do this with a small group of alpha and beta testers. We do this non-publicly unless we are actively looking for new ideas. Playlists were an area were this was the case, as was the queue. We took that feedback heavily into consideration and iterated with the select members who were able to give us good responses and turn-around time.

16 Likes

100k? That’s pretty impressive. Congrats.

2 Likes

not yet… but headed that way. it’s the next big milestone.

5 Likes

Good to see things going well. Given the complete move to Roon across all my endpoints its also comforting to hear!
Onwards and upwards… now when is 1.6 coming out ?:rofl: I jest.

I too am very glad to see Roon nearing the 6 figure scale. That says a lot about staying power as well as potentially providing resource for accelerated development. Kudos Roon team!

I will also add that Roon does reach out to individuals to collect feedback when they are considering product enhancements. I am a personal witness to that process.

Given some of the goofiness of the replies that come over the forum, it is not a surprise that it is not done directly here in everyone’s view.

1 Like

Not sure why so many people don’t understand that it’s not good business to telegraph everything ahead of time - what if they promise something and then it doesn’t work out? Best if nobody knows about it in the first place. It’s a symptom of the facebook age, oversharing, and feeling the need to be constantly informed, and the need for constant change and newness. Of course I’m looking forward to an update - new things are the spice of life. But give them some time - I’d rather they do it right then feel pressured to release something that has bugs.

My wife is a PM at Microsoft, and it always boggles the mind just how much people, time and money it takes to push out even the simplest software. So give these guys a break, ok?

7 Likes

Is there a specific comment that gave rise to your statement?

I think the Roon development team gets a lot of love intermingled with various requests and pushes. It seems like a reasonable mix to me, not that I agree with every comment on either side.

That said, part of this comes from the fact that Roon costs 10x any other product in its market. With that kind of pricing, even in a very niche area where there isn’t a lot of scale to be had, that will create expectations.

1 Like

You might want to do your math again…

Please clarify.

What similar program can be had for $12/year or $50/lifetime?

How may products like Roon charge $11.90 per year for their service or $49.90 for a lifetime license? That lifetime license needs to include all updates free forever.

Please list the products that match your math. Note: It should be all of them based on your post.

OK 9x over J River - $59 lifetime, 4x over Plex at $4.99 per month except that Plex does many other things.

Umm, no.