Identifying MQA Albums from Tidal from within ROON

I really like MQA but would not say it is a night and day difference and I doubt many others would say so either. I have a Meridian Explorer 2 for MQA.

1 Like

Seeing the reference above to the Tidal MQA listing and how it shows the original MQA rate, i had a little fun with the list. Iā€™m not drawing any conclusions, Iā€™ll leave that to you all for the narrative!

Edit: there were 82 albums without a Release Date and there were 4 albums with a rate of 176 which I excluded to make it look neater. :wink:

Cheers,
Rob.

5 Likes

Fun, @RobOK. Let me set you up with a Hadoop server!

1 Like

Roon guys, any word on a feature that implements making which albums/tracks are MQA very obvious?

While maybe not core product feature set, sure would make for some fun listening sessions and clearly wanted by an active set of stakeholdersā€¦

3 Likes

+1 for an easy way to identify MQA albums

I am adding both M versions and non M versions when adding from Tidal and in fact itā€™s more of an issue, when bandwidth is poor and listening not so critical, ie when am cooking or in kitchen around 5-7pm when I want to easily select the NON Master version.

Also when adding from Tidal in the first place to favourites, I canā€™t do it via Roon, I have to be in the Tidal app to know which versions to add.

So a big +1 from me for adding this,

Is there a specific reason why it canā€™t be done relatively easily? Has Roon come back with a reason why it canā€™t be done or if itā€™s on the ā€œroadmapā€?