Identifying optical output on MacBook as system output

Hi
I have an older MacBook Pro (c.a. 2013) that I have used with Roon to manage my iTunes library. I connect the Mac to my Denon AVR using toslink. I recently have been experiencing problems using the Mac as both the core and the system output. Any suggestions as to forcing Roon to recognize my Mac as the core and its optical output as the system output?

Hey @Clark_Varnell,

Thanks for your patience while we work through each thread.

Have you always used your MBP as both a core and endpoint? Does your MBP recognize your Denon AVR using toslink?

To confirm, setting the Denon as your system output on the Mac, and then setting Roon to play from your system output, does not allow you to play audio from the Denon? Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon settings> Audio?

If you could, please fill out the necessary system info below:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

I thought that Roon was an app. It was stored on my Mac as a file. I found this by accident. I was able to open the file, and all has been well. The interaction of Roon with Mac OS is a mystery to me.
Thank you for responding to my request for help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.