If you Could bring Back An Artist who Died Prematurely to Cut One Last Album Who Would it Be?

Cut one last album?

Randy Rhoads was 25 when he died. He was just starting to develop himself as a guitarist. When he played in Quiet Riot his playing was pretty conventional. It was only when he started playing live with Ozzy that he bloomed.

Back in 1981 I had a live tape of the concert that was recorded in Cleveland, Ohio in 1981 through the tape trade circuit. Parts of that concert were later released as part of the ā€˜Tributeā€™ album in 1987.

In 1981 when we first heard the tape my friends and me were astonished at the live versions of the songs and the way Randy was playing them. We never heard something like that. Thatā€™s when his name became established. Unfortunately he died on March 19, 1982.

3 Likes

Jimi

Imagine not just one more album but if heā€™d made it into the rest of the 70ā€™s, 80ā€™s and 90ā€™s making music
Itā€™s the body of work there may/ would have been that we miss and at least some of it would have been amazing

Of rock/pop artists who havenā€™t been mentioned yet (esp. John Lennon and Jimi Hendrix)? Maybe Gene Clark.

Grant Green

Gone at 43 - he was just getting started and I treasure all that he left behind for us to enjoy.

1 Like

Ludwig Amadeus Mozart

Woolly Wolstenholme

He really didnā€™t cut records, as per the titleā€¦

Yes, but if I could bring him back, he would make a good one!

3 Likes

John Lennon. He would be President now. (The Lennon Amendment to the constitution would have made this possible.)

But the answer is really Joe Strummer.

2 Likes

Kurt Cobain

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to hear more SRVā€¦ although there are many great options. Great question.

Who ??? ā€¦

3 Likes

Got me there. I changed composers mid-thought, deciding Beethoven had too good a run to qualify, without getting all the way to Wolfgang. Thanks for the catch!

1 Like

Layne Staley

1 Like

How about Wolfgang Sebastian Beethoven :laughing:

1 Like

In the spirit of the name gameā€¦ McKinley Morganfield. Miss him dearly.

or Robert Zimmerman. Waitā€¦ heā€™s still alive!

If we can bring him back, heā€™ll be a MONSTER!

1 Like

2 Likes