If you had $1k, $2k, $3k etc available

I would like to add a sub woofer but the aforementioned beautiful wife whilst being the light of my life, has views…

That must have been really something and quite a memory. Not something that others will ever have.

1 Like

I have a Velodyne subwoofer (cannot recall the size) but it is brutally heavy (18"?). They are no longer in subwoofer business.

In my son’s apartment, he has a SVS. And I have a Paradigm subwoofer and Klipsch sitting in his former game room. Amazing how this stuff accumulates. Now I am removing speakers and amplifiers for a simpler video system. Would be nice if one of the companies that takes trades merely to pick it all up.

Yeah, I think they must have decided not to accept trades on it because of the sale price.

Actually, the reason I brought up the P3 was because I had just placed an order for one myself on Tuesday. If you read the reviews on it, you’ll see that it’s not at all like a power conditioner; it’s truly is a regenerator.

Interesting that a dealer for that line is now selling off all models. May not mean anything, but it seemed curious. May be nothing more than distribution discord or simply a preference not to carry the line.

I don’t know if it means anything but PS Audio recently switched over to direct sales only. If they still had a dealer near me, I would have had to pay state sales tax.

In our new home, I did design in a dedicated listening room with acoustic treatments, but for $2-3K I would like to add more treatment and maybe get a sound engineer in to really tune it well. Unfortunately I don’t have the budget for that now, but since you asked… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A good chair or room treatment.

I choose the chair, an American classic, the Eames lounger…

About $5k from Herman Miller.

4 Likes

Of this chair I can only dream…

The patents have expired so cheaper decent copies can be found online…I bought a copy from a friend for just over US$500 with the ottoman included…I can’t tell the difference - and couldn’t care less original or not unless I was buying as a collector perhaps…wife wants an original but better things to spend on in these times. She sits in all the time so cant be that bad!

3 Likes

The Eames was in mind in my “comfy chair” reply. :slight_smile: However, we could have that or the dining table.
Of course for every classic someone always needs to take the concept and push it that bit too far.

1 Like

Chord MScaler
https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/hugo-mscaler/

I built one, 5M x 4M x 2.5M, (& cost less than the current Hi-Fi) never looked back. Unfortunately it rarely gets shared but it’s all mine :wink::pray::wink:

I would spend money on inviting great musicians around to play for me and a bunch of friends through a great sound system and hire a sound engineer for the night.

Ohh, I just thought, I do that anyway and I don’t have any money… Living the dream (When not in lockdown)

I’d like to help the musicians buy things like this.

Hannah Rose Platt’s latest writing tool …

1 Like

Another 5K monster.

I have part fulfilled my dream recently, I have separate listening room and added this Italian beauty for my analogue listening.

2 Likes

LOL, too Star Trek for my taste.

I’m in architecture and interior design, so only the original can be considered! Of course the current situation I’m unemployed so forget about spending money on anything :joy:

The Lobster Chair. :laughing:

Word on the street is that audiophiles will buy anything.

2 Likes

If you could pay for it, have your speakers set up by someone who really knows what they are doing. You can do it yourself, but it’s not really all that easy to really dial things in (IMO)
If you have an accepting partner, Roon Treatments. My wife is! :smile:
Then get a DSP convolution filter made for your Room by HAF.

All of these things will give measurable and sonically significant improvements. After this, getting those kind of improvements cost big bucks. Most all the other digital tweaks is, by comparison, chasing ghosts.

1 Like