iFi Bridge - A UPnP / DLNA app solution for playback on Roon

Sorry - I’ve only just seen your post.

I run on a QNAP and have done so for 18 months now.

The way I do this is to run the lms-to-upnp software within Logitech Media Server within a container on my QNAP. There are pre-built containers which do this, make sure you use network bridge node when setting up the container.

Once you have LMS running all you have to do is to enable the lms-to-upnp plugin within LMS and configure it and away you will go.

To anyone having problems about the limited sampling rate, try to disable the audio device in Windows if you are using WASAPI, restart Roon and iFi Bridge.

Just found the download for iFi Bridge on github here: GitHub - iFiAudio/iFiBridge: The download for the iFi Bridge which allows MQA and Gapless on Roon over Network.

It seems one of the solutions offered is to edit the xml file. But I edited config.xml and profiles.xml in the line where it says but this hasn’t helped.

This is a great solution, but my laptop doesn’t have a soundcard that can switch to 192/24.

Just wondering how to get this to work without buying some kind of USB soundcard.

How are you connecting all of this up? Is the laptop your core or an endpoint?

My Core is Mac Studio, the windows laptop is running iFi Bridge so I can serve via UPnP / DLNA via network to the AVR.

Discovery and setting up the Squeezebox device in Roon are all fine. Just the constant downsampling to 48 that puzzles me. As mentioned, changing all the .xml files didn’t make a difference.

Something in the Windows Sound Setting is triggering the downsampling I think.

Try the original software:

It’s being constantly upgraded and have several new fixes and features.
I was using it for several month on Windows 10 virtual machine and it worked great. Unless you are connecting your playback device to the Windows machine then its sound card is not being used as music need to get to your equipment in digital format.

Honestly I wouldn’t like to use 3 years old build that is not maintained any more.

1 Like

@Piotr_Pekala thanks for the link to the original LMS. It does look promising. But I have spent an hour on poking around various wikis and readme files but I still haven’t figured out how to install it on Windows. There is quite a bit of computing language and command line stuff involved.

Does anyone know of a code or some published steps?

If you are using the laptop as a network bridge, sound card config changes should be totally irrelevant. I might fire my laptop up and have a play later, although I already own a MicroRendu which can do this.

1 Like

Try Ropieee XL on a pi if you have one as it has this built in and you can set some parameters to set it up easily in its gui.

1 Like

Yes, I’d love to, but I’ve been Pi3 and Pi4 waiting lists for more than 2 months, still no sign of any stock.

That’s what I think too, but some users above reported that sound card properties would influence how it works, so I am not sure.

Best bet is to run LMS then. as its easily configrable from there. It doesnt use your soundcard so that should not influence anything to do with the plugin.

1 Like

The problem with LMS is, when I get onto its page here: GitHub - LMS-Community/slimserver: Server for Squeezebox and compatible players. This server is also called Lyrion Music Server.

I have no idea what to even download or how to install it on Windows or OSX. The readme.md file doesn’t contain instructions either. Am I missing something?

That’s the source code for building it yourself for your Os of choice not the installers. They are all on the community website.

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/

Goto latest folder here it has builds for each OS.

When using it in LmS the plugin has an option to bind it to a particulate ip address for a different server here you need to set your cores IP address you can’t run them both on same machine as it will then just take all the devices that pop up and Roon wont see them.

1 Like