iFi Bridge - A UPnP / DLNA app solution for playback on Roon

Here are two pics showing 192 kHz on the Pro iDSD using Roon and the iFi Bridge with no changes.

If anyone has problems then feel free to message me and I will try my hardest to help you solve them.

All the best,
Jake

Thanks Jake. will send you a private message with a picture and screenshot.

@Jake_iFi sorry for spamming the entire group. how do i send you a private message?

Ill send you one!

A friend of mine seems to have helped fix this. the default audio device on the computer i am running Roon Core on has a max sample rate of 24 bit/48k. I changed the default sound device to S/PDIF and selected 24 bit/192K sample rate via device properties in Windows. When i restarted iFi Bridge, the config file reflected 192000 for the Sample Rate parameter. I confirmed that 96K and 192K streams now play without downsampling.

1 Like

Jake_iFi

Last month you responded to a post about the ifi bridge indicating that you may have a solution to the 48000 limit when used with Devialet Phantom speakers. I just got a pair and I have the same issue.

Can you send me your solution?

Thanks

Hi Jim Clark,

Please see @mrr message above. :slight_smile:

Thank you
Jake

Find the config.xml file the app creates it will be in the folder somewhere. Open it in a text editor and change the the section that shows max sample rate from 48 to what it supports.

Does anyone know if this is available for Linux or QNAP?

Yes - details have listed on the Naim forum for both RPi, and also if you want to try within QNAP.

For RPi, here are the installation steps

Login into RPi (assumes a base build of RPi with ā€œ2019-09-26-raspbian-busterā€)

sudo mkdir UPnPBridge

cd UPnPBridge/

sudo wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms-plugins-philippe44/files/UPnPBridge-1.25.1.zip

Check the hash of the downloaded fileā€¦

openssl dgst -sha1 UPnPBridge-1.25.1.zip

should be (4230a24df62447a59c56236727b90fed680a7fde)

sudo unzip UPnPBridge-1.25.1.zip
sudo rm UPnPBridge-1.25.1.zip

cd /home/pi/UPnPBridge/Bin
sudo chmod 755 squeeze2upnp-armv6hf-static

Iā€™m assuming this is the correct executable for the RPi4 processor

Launch the executable to create the initial config fileā€¦

./squeeze2upnp-armv6hf-static -i config.xml

Wait til it exits (maybe 30 seconds or so)

Launch it again without the ā€œconfig.xmlā€ parameterā€¦

./squeeze2upnp-armv6hf-static

Config.xml changes are

<roon_mode>1</roon_mode>
<sample_rate>192000</sample_rate>

If you set ā€˜FLAC Compressionā€™ in Roon to off it will send WAV to the Naim player for all PCM formats, and then with 'DSD over PCM v1.0 (DoP), DSD is sent, as is.

And with ā€˜No MQA Supportā€™ and the MQA Core Decoder enabled, the Roon Core will unfold MQA to a max rate of 24/96

In the Naim App you get ā€˜Streaming from LMSā€™ as source.

Thanks, Iā€™m wanting to try this within the QNAP OS, which executable file is required for this?

I believe that depends on what processor type your QNAP is using.

I think you need to read through the posting on the Naim forum here https://community.naimaudio.com/t/roonifying-my-systems/6909 and here https://community.naimaudio.com/t/howto-roonify-non-roon-streamers-lms-to-upnp/751

I think there was someone that has this working on a QNAP.

I have it working on a RPi2, but as a backup, to the SonoreUPnP Bridge, which is a support packaged version but tied to the Sonore Rendu devices.

1 Like

I have a 64bit QNAP. it already runs roonserver no problems, has been for 3 years now.
Its the TS-251+ with 8GB RAM and 2x 2TB SSDs.

1 Like

Thanks for assisting @simon_pepper!

Kind regards,
Jake

1 Like

OK Iā€™ve had a look at the links above, from what i see there isnā€™t a formal software release that allows this on the QNAP, its more of a hack/workaround?? ā€¦ for those who know linux??

Hi all,
Hoping someone can help me understand whatā€™s is happeningā€¦I have a Roon setup with a Win10 machine(all hardwired with a local/dedicated switch), the only changes I did to the Config.xml was the sample rate to 192k and ā€œ1ā€ for Roonā€¦If I play higher rate tracks it all seems to be fine, but with 16/44k tracks (local rips or streaming Tidal) this issue always happensā€¦not sure if its some kind of ā€œkeep-aliveā€ or ā€œbufferā€ issue, since from my testing, the problem only happens when one track is playing for the 3:17s. If I play smaller tracks, or for example, skip halfway of the trackā€¦I can play music for longer than the 3:17sā€¦so itā€™s a continuous play of one track that brings the problemā€¦one variable that drives me crazy is why this seems to only happen with 16/44k tracks not with high sample rate tracksā€¦?? Maybe I still didnā€™t play for long enough time to see it happen as well, but doesnā€™t seem to happenā€¦

Any help would be much appreciated!

Do you have 88k tracks you can try?

Donā€™t think so but I will see if I can find oneā€¦to test the behavior?

Yes, it may be something specific to the 44k family so 44, 88 and 176 would be affected. 48, 96 and 192 would be unaffected.

Okā€¦Iā€™ve a number of 176k and they all play with no issuesā€¦ :slight_smile: