iFi nano iDSD DSD Support [Resolved]

@support :smiley:

Iā€™ve dealt with an Alix in iFi tech support. My experience with him has been very positive.

You are suggesting this is an ifi issues?

I am starting to worried I donā€™t see support reaching out, so is making me think that is an ifi issueā€¦?

Dunno. I saw you mentioning firmware, etc., so I threw in my two cents as to the responsiveness of iFi support. Donā€™t know if they are familiar with Roon, but it doesnā€™t hurt to open a ticket. Youā€™ll get 1 response a day, but they will follow up.

BTW - the Vanguard cable came yesterday, two weeks from Hong Kong. Will update.

1 Like

Iā€™m using a Cubox-i, running Debian Stretch. Firmware on nano is 5.2

Interesting. Must be my setup.
Thanks!

I donā€™t have the nano, but micro and I see a difference in supported bit perfect formats when switching between the WASAPI or ASIO driver. In my case the WASAPI driver says it is not accepting DSD512. The ASIO driver does show DSD512 as it should. Maybe that is the difference you see? It looks like something is askew with the WASAPI driver.

I donā€™t use Windows.

Whoops was a bit too quick.

1 Like

Hi @Tech_Whisky_Lab ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the slow response here. In order for native DSD to work on Linux the following must be in line:

• DAC must support native DSD.

• The Linux kernel must recognize the DACā€™s capabilities.

• New enough ALSA (1.0.29 is baseline)

With the above in mind, may I very kindly ask you to please verify the Linux distribution you are using and the the version of ALSA as well.

-Eric

@Eric

Thanks for your response, No worriesā€¦ The actual problem is in my end. Please close this thread. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Tech_Whisky_Lab ---- Thank you for touching base with me. Would you mind sharing what the outcome was here, just in case anyone else finds themselves in similar scenario?

-Eric

@Eric, A conflict with stupid pulse and alsa. I removed pulse completely from my system, configured alsa to be my back end audio and everything worked just fine. This system is my workstation hence why pulse was presentā€¦ Damn pulseā€¦

Thanks!

1 Like