iFi Pro iDSD Roon Ready?

@support

Hi - I am trying to find out if the iFi Pro iDSD is Roon Ready. I don’t see any mention of Roon on the iFi www but, I wanted to make certain.

It certainly would be compelling if it is ready. One less transport!

Thanks,
Vince

1 Like

I have one. Not Roon Ready.

Although, for no particular reason, I keep my fingers crossed for a firmware update.

However, in the same price range, this device is -

@xxx

That’s too bad. This seems like a major miss on their part.

Thanks for the quick reply.

2 Likes

@xxx

Do iFi reps spend any time on the Roon forums? I don’t see any postings from them.

Naw, don’t think so.

You can always contact them on their own website if you want to put in your two cents about any future firmware updates.:wink:

1 Like

Anyone has any update of its MQA compatibility? I saw in a thread here to say that the MQA is only in the beta version firmware.

Best to get all info direct from the horse’s mouth:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ifi-audio-pro-idsd-official-standalone-streamer-dacamp.869144/page-69#post-14802292

@dabassgoesboomboom
Thanks for the link.

1 Like

I visited the official thread at head-fi.
iFi claimed that the Pro iDSD is current not fully noon ready.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ifi-audio-pro-idsd-official-standalone-streamer-dacamp.869144/page-69#post-14808468

I was ready to pull the trigger and purchase a Pro iDSD, but I have trust issues. I just purchased a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ instead. It will be here in a few days. I’ll be selling my Mytek Liberty a few days after the DAC+ is up and running.

Hi Vincent,

Unfortunately, the Pro iDSD is not Roon Ready at this moment in time. We are however currently working towards being Roon Tested.

I hope this answers your question, if you have any others please don’t hesitate to head over to our Support Ticket System and open a ticket with us!
http://support.ifi-audio.com/

-Jake
iFi Audio

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply Jake. Since the device isn’t Roon Ready, I purchased a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ instead. Maybe next year when I swap out, iFi will have Roon Ready products.

Thanks again,
Vince

1 Like

DAC+ is not Roon Ready ,The Brooklyn bridge is Roon Ready.

1 Like

Mytec Brooklyn DAC+ is listed on Roon Partner site as tested.

DAC+ which I own and am listening to right now requires an endpoint, something like a Sonore microRendu or ultraRendu, or any of the other endpoints thoroughly discussed in the forums. I am using an ultraRendu and it sounds awesome.

Cheers,
Vince

Hi All,

We’re currently working on a solution to get the Pro iDSD to work as if Roon Ready to allow for MQA & Gapless on Roon over Network.

Stay Tuned.

Kind regards,
Jake

Jake,
Will see your product and rep at a show in ATL tomorrow. Hope they are up todate.

Also hope you mean Roon Ready and not simply Roon Tested. Screwed up on a purchase of a “tested” product and the limitations are frustrating. Roon is a great experience and having it does influence our purchase decisions.

Hi Jeff,

I hope you had a great time. Did you see one of our members of staff?

Kind regards,
Jake

It’s a DAC so it won’t be Roon Ready as it does not deal with RAAT. It will be Roon tested.

1 Like

Thank you for asking! Yes to all. I was impressed that you had given your
folks a heads up I would be there and was personally greeted! Bravo!

I did not audition your product knowing roon was coming. I will be auditioning it when done. Your DAC is on my short list to hear before I buy!