I'm sick of this - Tidal and Qobuz streaming issues through Roon

The amount of RF they put out is nasty, but you won’t notice how much unless you remove them completely from the plugs. I thought they didn’t affect anything until I heard it on my phono stage clicking like GPS does from a mobile on some amplification. I unplugged then all and then my system just sounded so much better. Some kit is likely more immune to the nasties it’s pumping out but some are definitely not. I also found Roon and most apps unreliable with them. As a point to point they where ok, but as I added more to get it in other rooms performance dropped significantly. Removing them was a breath of fresh air but you do have to use what you can. I just bit the bullet and hardwired round the outside of the house to get it in the rooms I needed.

1 Like

Internet enters the cottage at the far end, HiFi is in the room in the left with the big window. Punching through the walls is far from trivial. Spent a great deal on damp proofing internally which would be compromised with Ethernet going to though the walls. In my situation, power lines are just the ticket. The three roof sections have stone dividing walls too!

4 Likes