I'm starting to get a little fatigued with Roon's playback drawbacks

Thanks, that was well hidden.

I simply turned off the Radio function and Roon started to shine again. And yes, it forced me to be more active on my own music selection after the queue runs out.

2 Likes

This is probably my only complaint about Roon at this point . It needs radio improvement big time.

2 Likes

I’m curious, why would you want to listen to a radio station at MP3 quality instead of Tidal with hires and MQA quality?
I think roon does a great job of combining tidal albums with my 3TB of ripped music. Shuffle works fine, when I pause playback in shuffle mode for an artist for an hour or for days, when I click continue it starts off where it left off

@maximasr

The Radio function is (currently) only able to mix in Tidal tracks you’ve already added to your library. The Radio function is separate and distinct from the Internet Radio station list one can manually add…I think many get the two confused when these discussions occur.

The two issues in James’ original post are my only real complaints about Roon.

Especially in regard to the track-grouping behavior that can’t be turned off. I have no classical music in my library so just the ability to turn track-grouping on/off would help out a lot.

2 Likes

Spotify has had and still has the same issue for years now. Still unresolved. In my opinion, Roon us slaightly better on the randomness than Spotify.

I guess the good news is Danny is actively making it clear some radio improvements are coming. So that’s good enough for me.

1 Like

Yep, I am excited to play with it. Hope it comes out before x-mas as we have a couple weeks off that I’d like to spend partly on playing with a new Roon release. And oh yeah, right, spending time with the family…:grin:

4 Likes

the radio changes are out and so far the feedback has been good…

3 Likes

Listening now. Definitely different. Enjoying the tunes, that is for sure. It will be interesting to try to discern the patterns!

I’ve set this thread to close in 24 hours as many of the things it discusses have been addressed in Roon 1.4. There is a Roon 1.4 Feedback thread, please let us know what you think of 1.4 in that thread. If there are matters that you would like to discuss that have not been addressed by 1.4 please start a new thread, they could get overlooked if just added on to this thread here.

3 Likes

Yep, as the original poster, I would say that the Roon team has addressed the topic. Not saying Shuffle and Radio are now perfect, but so far so good with listening, and I just appreciate that Roon heard and delivered. AS per my other post, Happy Holidays to the Roon team and to all our fellow Rooneys!

4 Likes

The irony is the stuff was already in testing by the time you’d posted.

2 Likes

@evand – oh! the heavy burden of alpha group :slight_smile:

Well, I guess that is ironic. But not knowing that it was planned for an imminent release, I think the post was still a fair statement backed up by a number of other users in the same boat.

5 Likes

Yes, it was. Don‘t get frustrated. Working in research with fashion supplier companies I learned that pret-a-porter is comanded 2 year before. Books that define the new colors for the next season fashion are printed 2 or more years ahead as texile needs to be made and shipped way before the consumer sees the new fashion colors. That‘s how textile industry work and any other industry as well.

Yep, I’ve been in software design and development as well as representing many many clients legally in that space for years. Mostly I was just venting on a gloomy Monday morning, but interested to see who else was waiting eagerly for the improved shuffle and radio. So far, so good!

3 Likes

And it’s was good therapy also, I was beginning to dispair a bit. Communal angst is always a bit easier than personal torment. :wink:

.sjb

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 28 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.