Impact of adding a network bridge

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 on surface pro

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet via bt’s hub 5

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Benchmark DAC2 L USB

Description Of Issue

All is working well but I am thinking of moving from USB to a Wattson Emerson digital network bridge.

My question is will roon still “see” the benchmark dac and resample the data as and when needed as it does now over USB.

Sorry if is the wrong section to ask in.
Regards Andrew

It will work but it won’t see your DAC it will see the bridge as the Roon Ready output that’s all, it wont have any idea of the DACs capabilities anymore as its not connected to the bridge or core via USB like your using now. Spdif or AES are one way out of the bridge they don’t communicate back. You will also be limited to 192/24 as that’s all Spdif can take. Why not go for a bridge that supports USB like SoTM or Sonore bridges or the Allo.

1 Like

Thanks so if I use the SOtM will it see the dac then and know its capabilities?
Regards Andrew

Yes as USB is bidirectional. I just use raspberry pi and they show the DAC connected to them and report what its capable of via Linux.

Thanks just what I needed to know.
Regards Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.