Importing m3u8 playlist from Plex not working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon v1.7 on Mac

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

n/a

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

SMSL M400 via USB

Description Of Issue

I’m trying to import a modified .m3u8 play list that I’ve exported from Plex. I think my problem lies in the different paths between Plex (using NAS) and Roon (using same NAS) share.

In Roon I have my music folder configured as: \192.168.1.100\media > Music

In my Plex m3u8 file a sample path is:

/volume1/Media/Music/Lenny Kravitz/[1999] 5/04 - Black Velveteen - 16 Bit.flac

In my modified m3u8 I have:

Lenny Kravitz/[1999] 5/04 - Black Velveteen - 16 Bit.flac

However, the playlist is not appearing in Roon, so I can only imagine the path is still not what Roon expects. I don’t see a way to export a playlist from Roon, so I can’t see what path it thinks my music is in so I can search/replace in the Plex m3u8.

I placed the m3u8 file in the Music share, so my understanding is Roon should find it assuming the paths match up.

Any ideas?

Ok so I found the solution, in case anyone else finds this thread via search. To find the (very long) path that Roon thinks your music is in do this: View the track file info and then click “copy file path to clipboard”. Then do a search/replace on the Plex m3u8 file so that the paths match. Put the new m3u8 file into your Roon music folder structure and do a re-scan. Bingo! It should appear.

Hello @Derek8743, thanks for your report and for posting the solution! My apologies for the delay in getting to your thread, but if you have any further questions please let us know!

A post was split to a new topic: M3u8 radio stream problem

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.