Improvement to feature requests forum

I have a suggestion for an improvement to the feature requests forum. This might be even more pertinent if there will not be an overall “Roon 1.4” feature request thread.

I would suggest making the feature request sub-forum one of the main forums (i.e. listing it below Roon Software and Support). I think that given the importance of this topic, it deserves to be a level higher, in particular looking at the other top-level forums that are present such as “music”, “tinkering” etc.

If feature requests is then a top level forum, sub-forums could be made to help organise the feature requests better, for example into categories. This should make it a lot clearer to browse and contribute. An example of the categories might be:

Audio playback & analysis
Music metadata (editing metadata, album art, etc)
User interface & Roon function (layout, focus feature, playlists, etc)
Network issues
External devices
External audio sources

Or something like that anyway. Keen to hears thoughts of the devs & mods!

2 Likes

Good thought. I would include a subforum for backup and storage.

1 Like

As mentioned here, please no big 1.4 thread. Every feature a seperate thread:

Any thoughts on this from the devs @vova? @carl?

Endless sub-forums isn’t the answer. People can’t reliably post in the ones we’ve already got; don’t add further clutter.

1 Like

To the contrary Mark - I am proposing moving the feature request forum up a level from a subforum to a main forum. Organisation is key when navigating a wide range of feature requests!

1 Like

I still think that the feature request part of this forum could use some improvements. Making the feature requests one of the main forums and adding some sub-forums to it (i.e. relating to the types of feature request) would greatly tidy up this part of the forum, make the various feature requests easier to navigate and reduce the duplication here that continues to occur.