This is because the Japanese text does not use a space to divide words. So the system could not know the location of the word wrap. I discussed with Mike and Danny about this issue and I was suggested to use “invisible-marker” for intentional line-break location.
Note: we cannot use CR-LF character in the translation because it may cause unexpected result in multi-platform software like Roon.
Danny has also added a nice feature to see the “invisible-space” on the translation windows by showing “␣”. So you can easily understand there is the intentional line-break marker. It looks like below.
I found the latest version(V1.5 build354) and I applied that.
However the truncation issue has not fixed. Also other improved JP texts are not revised.
Have you used the latest JP resource for the latest build?
Hey @Yoshihiro_Sasaki – @danny and I took a look at this today, and it seems like there may be some confusion here, since a number of the strings that included the “invisible space” were actually voted down by other translators
So, we fixed some of the votes, and the next release should include your strings.
I also pulled a list of everyone who has translated or voted for Japanese translations. @Japanese_Translators – please see above and let us know if you have any questions about how to use the “invisible-space” when translating Japanese.
Can I ask general questions about Japanese here?
Thanks for creating Common Words lists.
“Audio Device” is assigned to “オーディオ機器”, “Networked Device” is assigned to “ネットワークデバイス”, and “Device” is assigned to “デバイス”.
I want to unify "Device "to "機器 "or “デバイス”.
Currently, there are 83 items that include “Folder”. In Japanese, I think “フォルダ” is more appropriate than “フォルダー”.
If you don’t mind, why don’t you make more detailed guidelines together?
For example, with or without spaces before and after words in the alphabet. Use half-width characters + spaces or full-width characters for symbols. etc.
I do not understand this either. I have entered a space, but it is not accepted or displayed after saving.
Another possibility would be to try to enter a space after the year. This is of course a rather “unclean” solution.
I just changed Roon to different languages and there is mostly the same problem with the missing space. So it’s rather a bug, which we as far as I can remember already discussed or reported somewhere here in the forum.
I will try your suggestion with the brackets and see how it behaves after the next update.
Thanks again for your hint.