In-app Advertising in a Paid Product is Unwelcome and Inappropriate

I’d say complaining about complaints is even more of a first world problem/indignation… but that’s just me.

5 Likes

And as for a complaining about complaining about complaints…

:grinning:

.sjb

5 Likes

Exactly - we’re clearly discussing minutiae, so let us complain about ads! First world problems are problems too, and if you can complain about me complaining about them complaining about the complaints about ads, clearly nothing is too small for a little complaint. :slight_smile:

Nothing would ever happen if we accepted the positions “don’t complain because worse problems exist” or “you shouldn’t complain because it doesn’t bother me”. There will always be a bigger problem and not all problems will bother everyone. This is always true and therefore unnecessary to say. It also hinders criticism, which is humanity’s greatest tool for improvement.

Also, the point here is the principle. Discussing principles always appears like splitting hairs, but sometimes it’s really important.

11 Likes

I’m sorry, the complaint department is closed until people stop complaining!!

2 Likes

Sure it’s not that big a deal, but the point is that I’m paying a large amount of money for this service. To have such an obtrusive popup to get me to spend even more money is pretty offensive. I say this just as a UX designer having experienced how things like this make people feel; and obviously it’s mixed here, but hopefully the Roon team sees that it makes around 50% of their users quite upset, and that’s reason enough to not do it again.

It would be different if it was slightly less in-your-face; like a card on the home screen, or a small notification bubble I could click on. Those would be pretty acceptable in comparison. There are good ways to do things like this, and there are poor ways, and a pop-up in the center of the screen right when I enter the app is a bad way.

3 Likes

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES!

ooh music.

3 Likes

Intelligent and razor sharp comment!
Thanks, agree 100%

4 Likes

It’s completely inappropriate and another reason why I want to go back to Aurender. Roon is slowly shooting itself in every appendage, like Blockbuster video or DEC computers.

1 Like

How do I subscribe to these pop ups? :smiley:

Oh right, I’m based in the UK and only USA based users get these offers. Not fair. :grin:

7 Likes

“This topic will automatically close in an hour”

Roons “solution” for so many issues:
Sit it out or let the community do the work like with the still not really working search or with metadata :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Came here to say how appalling it is to see ads in an expensive paid for service.

Shocked to see so many people saying the same thing with nothing from Roon on how they will stop it.

Think we need another thread given this one is closing

4 Likes

Glad to see this closes in an hour…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.