In-app Advertising in a Paid Product is Unwelcome and Inappropriate

A pop up is really intrusive and disruptive… show how much roonlabs cares about its customer … sad :woozy_face:
An email would be more adequate.

but in all cases should be an opt-in option

Agreed. I don’t want ANY advertising. Will cancel my sub if it continues.

And what music program would you switch too? @Sheridan_Williams

Curious as what the options are if you decide to cancel.

When I saw this pop-up, the first thing I thought was, does the Roon marketing team know the beehive they just kicked? Hello, we’re talking audiophiles, not the most easy-going, foregiving people on the planet. Really surprised me at the lack of understanding they have of their customer base.

That said, I closed the ad and didn’t give it much more thought but it was irritating to see it in a paid product. I agree with others that have said email would have been fine, but a popup ad in the product crosses a line and somewhat cheapens the experiance. I hope they have learned their lesson and I no longer see anymore ads.

1 Like

Hey guys (and it is mostly guys) I just think that Roon might have got the message by now. Instead, how about putting all that anger to some good use by posting some constructive feedback in the following threads. If you don’t think that is a better use of your ‘First post in a while’ or ‘First time we have seen’ post then please carry on to the 168th post in this topic…

Make Roon a better product:

3 Likes

Logitech Media Server.

2 Likes

LMS is good functional software. Thanks.

I like Aurender Conductor. Not a Roon device though.

I wonder.

Of Course I understand on the forum one has to be careful not to respond to every knee-jerk reaction to every change and give due thought to responses. Every change upsets someone doesn’t it?

But thinking on this from a a customer care perspective If this were me in my bricks and mortar retail environment I would either have said things are as they are or apologised. either Roon think this was a good idea and will continue with it or they listen to the feedback and think indeed perhaps we should not have done this in this particular way.

It would be nice at this stage to know which of the above approaches Roon is taking.

.sjb

4 Likes

Agreed but Roon are not exactly known for responding to feedback on here.

2 Likes

Roon’s feedback is very clear both at the beginning and at the very end of this thread.

1 Like

Will terminate my subscription if this continues. Unacceptable!

1 Like

Excellent first post!
Really appreciate it.

11 Likes

Not a fan of in-app purchases. I have a lifetime subscription so this is definitely inappropriate. If you want to market to your existing clients … Email them.

Hopefully Roon has responded and corrected their approach.

Out of curiosity, what qualifies as an Ad-Free upgrade or services account?

My library as with many is a lot larger than 1TB.

Size matters! Lol

1 Like

3615 something

Well played! :wink:

…and great album by the Talking Heads!

1 Like

How to get action

1 Like

One is entitled to be enraged by several bad things at the same time, actually.

Ads are littering of the mind.

3 Likes

First world problem. First world indignation. I couldn’t care less about the ad. I saw it here in Brasil, where I can’t buy a Nucleus, and I’m not the least bit bothered by this “intrusion” that “disrupted” a few seconds of my life.

4 Likes