Incompatible Nucleus+ Core build vs. iOS App

@Support;

My Roon Remotes on iOS and the MAC stopped working today, and I’ve not made any changes. It shows the Nucleus + is running 2.0 (build 1155) early access and the iOS App is 2.0 (build 1148). I didn’t do any updates, not sure why the Core was changed to an early access version? I didn’t see any iOS updates from the App Store. How do I go back to the Production Build?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Nucleus+, Serial #54B203946A54104F, 4TB SSD
OS 1.0 (build 254), Server 2.0 (build 1155) early access

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
All devices are on the same network.
Netgear Cable Modem (Cox Gigablast up to 1Gb/s)
Apple Airport Time Capsule (latest FW)
Peakedge SE26 24 port GigE Switch
Netgear 16 port GigE Switch
Linksys 4 port GigE Switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Endpoints
Devialet D250 PRO v.13.1
Meridian: 218 (3u), MS600, Control 15 (2u)
AppleTV 4K (2u)
Airport Express (2u)
iMac 5K

Other Devices
Meridian Core on QNAP
Crestron Pro2 Controller
Crestron CNX-PAD8 (Audio Matrix Switch)
Crestron MT-MC2W Controller

Hi @DN28 ,

Please see the instructions in this KB guide on how to migrate back to production:

Moving RoonOS (Nucleus / ROCK) cores back to production

1. Download the instruction file and save it on your computer. Do not modify the name, extension, or content of this file.

2. Navigate to the /Data/Reinstall directory on your Nucleus / ROCK.

3. Copy the instruction file that you downloaded into the Reinstall directory.

4. Visit the RoonOS admin page and click on the “Reinstall” button.

Hope this helps!

@noris

I downloaded the file to my Mac, cannot expand, got unsupported format error.

BTW - I’ve never signed up for the Early Access Program, why the early access version was pushed to my Nucleus+? It was working yesterday and I didn’t perform any updates?

@noris In order to fix it asap, I followed the instructions to revert to production, and after a mistake (downloaded the link in blue directly, without opening it) I managed to have everything back to working again.
It’s a shame I have been forced to leave the EarlyAccess and go back to production in order to have Roon working again …

I might add that it all happened an hour ago or so, in the middle of a listening session, using my iPad (production) as remote. All of a sudden the alert screen of Incompatible versions appeared, while the music was still playing …

I managed to download the file roon-production.bin , and without opening or expanding it I copied it as it is into the Reinstall folder. Reinstall from the ROCK browser page reverted my ROCK into production

Hi @Marco_Sassone ,

If you want, you can also install early access on both your Core and Roon Remotes, Early Access is now a public opt-in option, you can use the instructions from here to opt in:

1. Download and install TestFlight on your iOS device
  2. Enroll in Roon testing by clicking this link: Join the Roon Remote beta - TestFlight - Apple
  3. Enroll in Roon ARC testing by clicking this link: Join the Roon ARC beta - TestFlight - Apple

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.