Inconsistent artist name display in Roon due to photo retrieval (ref#XGGMFU)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

· Other

Describe the issue

Artist data imports data inconsistently
I imported my libray that was tagged using JRiver MC software and a consistent artist naming convention for solo artists: LastName, FirstName

In Roon, I set it to sort LastName followed by FirstName

For artists Roon retrives a photo for, the name is displayed: FirstName LastName.
For artists where Roon does not retrieve a photo, the name is displayed LastName, FirstName

I don't mind aither way, but how can I make it consistent across my library

Hi @Kevin_Bell,

Thanks for writing in and for your patience, your issue completely slipped through the cracks with the team and you have my utmost apologies for this!

I’d be curious to review your library import settings. Navigate to your Roon Settings>Library>Import settings, and share a few screenshots of what you’ve got set currently. Perhaps selecting ‘prefer file’ may help with consistency among your local tracks.

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :pray:

One thing worth noting is that Roon will attempt to match up names that you have put into your file tags with Roon database versions of the same individuals who are associated with identified content in your library. You’ll get much better results if you stick with the likes of the following:

1. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

2. Pyotr Il’yich Tchaikovsky

3. Paul McCartney

4. Richard Rodgers; Oscar Hammerstein II

Than if you use:

1. Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus

2. Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)

3. Rodgers and Hammerstein