Incorrect track information appearing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
i5 processor/8Gb RAM/200Gb SSD running Windows 10 (build 19042.867)
Roon 1.8 (build 764)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
BT Smart Hub 2

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

OPPO UDP205 connected to core by usb (feeding main music system). Also some wifi connected Sonos speakers elsewhere

Description Of Issue

For every track of the CD Vaughan Williams’ opera The Pilgrim’s Progress the text reads ‘The Pilgrim’s Progress, opera’ (which is also Roon’s cd title): this is not very useful for navigation. So decided to switch to the file supplied tags. However, I have not been able to make them appear - though the tag supplied name appears correctly in the pop-up when the three dots at the end of a track is selected. I attach a screen shot to illustrate this. (Which shows the Boult version of this work is playing: Roon has managed to label the tracks in this version).

I am a new user and it may be that I have just missed a step (though I don’t believe so). So far I have transferred only 5 operas, of which, 2 have no track information and for both I am unable to switch to the tagged data.
Thanks

Hey @Ian_Salmon,

A belated welcome to the Roon community :wave:

I am so sorry it took us this long to get back to you - I wish this wasn’t so :pleading_face:

If you navigate to Settings ->Library → Import Settings, is Roon set up to prefer your edits to Roon’s?

Thanks in advance for checking :nerd_face:

Hi,
The question was about for this file how could I use supplied tags? I had edited the entry to set preferences to use supplied information but could not make them appear. As you can see in the submitted screen shot all tracks are labelled with the opera title. Yet the track pop up (three dots end of track) contains the supplied tag information. The question is why does the main screen not show the same?
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.