Indexing issue making Roon slow & unusable

Help, after the latest Roon update Roon has been reindexing my library connected to my Nucleus+ for several days. I thought it would finish soon, but according to the ‘adding music to library window’ it’s got a long way to go. I just restarted Roon and it’s started indexing again.

Hi @Paul_Elliott,

I have seen this before on my side as well.

Here are some suggestions:

Change these settings to a faster setting and see if it goes away (Background audio analysis speed and on-demand audio analysis speed).

This could also be a situation where you have a corrupt file that is getting hung up. If this is the case, we’ll need you to:

Reboot your Core machine.
Start up Roon and let the spinner go for ~5 minutes.
Reboot your Core machine once more.
Start up Roon and let the spinner go for another ~5 minutes.

Note the time and date here and we might be able to pin down any corrupted media.

Thanks,
Wes

Hi Wes,

Thanks for the advise, my settings are already on fast (4 cores)

When you say let spinner go for 5 minutes, I presume you mean the spinner on the right at the top of the play page after the black icon has disappeared after Roon has fully booted up.

Do you think my large library of over 700,000 songs is causing issues?

Cheers

Paul

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Paul_Elliott ,

Apologies, Wes has to temporarily switch to a different department and we missed your follow-up here and the thread auto-closed.

I’ve activated diagnostics mode and it looks like your Nucleus may be experiencing an issue that we are currently investigating.

I’ve submitted your report in the investigation ticket and will leave your thread open in case we need to request more information regarding your setup/library.

Thanks in advance for your patience while we try to get to the bottom of what is causing this indexing behavior.

Thanks Norris,

My Roon experience seems better now, but this is something that comes up from time to time and perhaps contributes to ARC being usually unusable.

1 Like