Infinite track scan after 1.6 build 475 update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac Mini OS 10.13.6 Roon 1.6 build 475

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Unifi switch. Ethernet 1 Go between headless core and player (iMac 10.13.6)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Concero HD on USB

Description Of Issue
Following upgrade from build 416 Roon has gone into infinite scan of watched folder. It shows 176 million track scanned and fifteen or more copies of each album.

A restore to previous version runs correctly, but goes into infinite scan after restore.

Hi @Scott_Needham,

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage?

For one album that you’re seeing multiples of, can you share a screenshot of what you see in Roon and what you see in the storage location via Finder?

of course :slight_smile:

here is murmur in the finder

here is a view from artist

and from the album

i get this same thing for every album. thanks for your help.

• scott

Thanks, @Scott_Needham.

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

In the meantime, I’m hoping you can do one more thing for me here:

Choose two examples of Murmur and on the first track, Radio Free Europe, click the 3 dots and share a screenshot of View File Info.

Thanks!

great !

just to warn you … i’m in prague for a workshop. i will be home, and have access to roon, on friday.

scott

1 Like

hello,

here are the screenshots. they make the problem pretty clear. it looks like roon is recursively scanning the share. the second screenshot is from the first ‘copy’ of the album.

• scott

Hi @Scott_Needham,

Can you send a screenshot of the Root directory of your external drive in Finder?

Hi,

I don’t know if this changes anything, but it is not an external drive, but a second internal drive. Finder looks like this …

Which is pretty boring. In shell I noticed that there was also this file

Which is probably the problem. I have no idea how it got there or why it never bothered Roon before.

Scott

If I look inside I see

meaning Finwe points to the root of the drive where I can see

which looks like an old install of os x. which is possible because this drive used to be the primary drive. A year ago I added a second smaller drive just for the OS that became primary drive.

To be honest I could use some advice. I’m afraid a rm -R will wipe the drive.

Scott

Hi @Scott_Needham,

Let’s try doing this:

1. In Roon disable the watched folder
  2. Move your music to a subdirectory of this drive, like Finwe/Music
  3. In Roon, add Finwe/Music as the watched folder

Ah…

the K.I.S.S. method. I solved in similar way by excluding “Volumes” directory.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Scott

answer to self …

delete a link without panicking by using the unlink command.

once this was done i could delete the volumes directory and get back to normal.

scott

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.