INFO: SongKong Pro Music Tagger 20% Discount for Roon Users

Dear @paultaylor , do you have any suggested folder structure for the box sets to improve matching success?

Please wait for the next SongKong release (it will be released within a week) as that has a number of improvements for boxsets, until then SongKong is not able to do boxsets very well whatever the folder structure.

SongKong 7.1 Eliminator is now released, got it done a little quicker than expected

eliminator

This includes better boxset support, and support for ROONALBUMTAG field

Please see here

1 Like

SongKong Cassdaga 7.2 is now availble, named after the 8th album by Bright Eyes

This release is a complete rewrite of the SongKongā€™s renaming feature. There are no new options and only minor changes to the Errors and Warnings tab but it should do renaming considerably better. Especially when SongKong has to shorten the name because the Windows 259 character limit is enabled, and when you have duplicate copies of the same song so that the duplicates have to be renamed.

It also resolves an issue with the MacOS Prefer Tabs option when running on the MacOS Big Sur operating system.

SongKong 7.3 Schmilco released 15th March 2021, named after the 10th album by Wilco

We introduced a couple of bugs in the last release so they needed fixing, the main one was that Manual Edit would no longer save changes in some cases.

We also have some other fixes in this release, and there is one improvement.

This may not be the place for feature requests, but Iā€™d like to automate a could things with my music library. These are:

1. Iā€™d like to add lyrics automatically within the metadata of my files. There used to be serval utilities to do this via iTunes and they are really spotty now.

2. Iā€™d like an automated way to grab liner notes for albums from Archive.org and store them in the album directories.

If you could do these things, Iā€™ll gladly buy your software.

Sheldon

Hi Sheldon

1> Is difficult because lyrics copyright is really quite tight.
2>Is certainly possible, we already cover art from archive.org via musicbrainz matches, would not be so difficult to extend to pdf booklets and other artwork, we already have an issue open to deal with this.

1 Like

cool, thanks for the info. Iā€™ll keep an eye out for these changes to show up.

Sheldon

This is a good source.

1 Like

@paultaylor hi, can this add lyrics to my meta data? Also does the discount code still work?

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul, yes the ROONMAGDALENE code is still valid, but we donā€™t currently support adding lyrics.

Are lyrics a planned upgrade? This is my main requirement.

Not at the moment, there isnā€™t really a reliable source that I can use.

That makes sense. What would be my main benefit as a use who had already taken the time to add basic meta data to all my rips? Sorry Iā€™m new to this and got excited over lyrics but want to give it chance.

Before I tag my files with Sonkong, I first run MusicBrainz Picard with the Apiseeds Lyrics plugin enabled. The lyrics are not all usable and some even completely wrong, but so I have at least already written the lyrics tag in the files and can insert so easier better lyrics.
I just discovered the Picard plugin Happi.dev Lyrics, but I havenā€™t tried it yet.

From a Roon perspective, please see Does SongKong help get more albums identified by Roon? - SongKong with Roon - SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum for summary

In general SongKong will add considerably more metadata than your basic metadata, and it will be added in a consistent and intelligent way, you may find these summary presentations useful

What is JRiver using I wonder , their lyric lookup works quite well

@paultaylor

Hi Paul

Thinking of buying this.
Just a couple of questions.

I have the following. :- Nucleus+ Rev A,
music is stored on a Synology DS713+ NAS
Windows I7 PC.

I assume the NAS is too underpowered to run so am I right thinking if I install on the windows P.C. and point songkong at the music folder on the NAS drive it will work ok?

Looking at the versions available am I right in thinking the PRO version is the best to go for as I have not got any naim rips and as it is for my own use I guess I donā€™t need the commercial option?

Is the 12 month of updates built into the initial purchase?

Lastly is the ROONMAGDALENE discount still available?
Thanks.

Hi Rod, if Its Intel based and supports Docker then it is probably okay, I am not sure about this model but the best is to see if you can install Docker as described here

Otherwise yes you can use on Windows and just connect to your Nas over the network, a
Pro license will let you install and run on both PC and NAS anyway (and one other machine), and yes this includes one year of updates, and the discount code is still available

Giving this a trial at the moment, But I cant get it to see any changes to my watched folder. The folder is not local its my Roon ROCKS CD-Rips folder I have mounted on the machine running SongKong. I can run the manual match and it works but it seems to show nothing in the UI when set to watch my folder. @paultaylor is this a known limitaion will it only work on local storage or is it limited on the lite version which I am using to judge if to buy it or not. I assumed it would still match but obviously not change anything but UI hasnt changed.