new Nucleus server

Networking Gear & Setup Details

COX router, ethernet wired home, 1Gbit speed also Wifi

Connected Audio Devices

Anthem MRX 720 → HDMI

Number of Tracks in Library

30,000 tracks between iTunes library and FLAC hidef library

Description of Issue

The Roon system sees my two music libraries on my Windows 11 PC. But that only happens when I turn off Norton 360 Firewall. Thats not good! I added a “RoonRule” to my Norton Firewall Traffic Rules to allow anybody read access to my music which is limited to my apartment. WEhen O turn on the Norton Firewall again, about 4-5 minutes later, the NUC Storage folders turn off saying not connected.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the Roon community, @Daniel_Graham.

Please take a look at this guide…

1 Like

@Daniel_Graham, as Martin noted, welcome to the Roon community. You need to have two exceptions on your Windows 11 PC for Roon per Martin’s link, one for Roon.exe and one for RAATServer.exe. Are both rules in your Norton 360 firewall? Also, if you are using the native Windows firewall, both of these rules will need to be added to that firewall also.

1 Like

Hey @Daniel_Graham,

Ben with the support team here following up. First off, welcome to the community! We’re excited to have you here and look forward to helping you.

Both @Martin_Webster and @Robert_F are correct in that you’ll need to have two exceptions, one for Roon.exe and one for RAATServer.exe :+1:

Let me know if you’re still running into issues after going through the above steps. I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.