Innous Zenith as roon player only but can not play DSD256

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Zenith mk 3 as Roon player and and another computer as Roon Core.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
LH labs Vi Dac.

Description Of Issue
If I do upsampling to DSD256 in this setting, no signal and sound output to my DAC. However, it can work if upsampling to DSD128, why?

Also, no Native option available in device setup.

Please advise, thanks.

Hello @Young_Danny,

Have you reached out to Innuos support regarding this issue? They will likely be in a better position to assist you as they use their own DSD on Linux implementation.

-John

Hi John,

As I know innuos support dsd256 in native dsd decode only but no native dsd option in device setup page.

Would you please advise how can I select the native dsd if using roon player only by zenith?

Thanks

anyone can help?
Thanks

This is a matter between the DAC and Innuos. But what options do you see in Roon and do those options actually differ from any options you see in the Innuos setup?

no dsd setting need to set up in innous

The normal limit without patches is DSD128 DOP on a Linux OS. The only way to get more is to patch the OS so it sees and uses that additional capability for that particular DAC. The way I see this, you need to speak to Innuos to confirm if what you are seeing is expected behaviour. Roon appears to be doing what it is supposed to do.

Hello @Young_Danny,

@Henry_McLeod is correct, Innuos is responsible for Native DSD support for connected DACs. You should reach out to their team for further information.

-John

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.