Innuos experimental mode

Roon Core Machine Innuos Zen MK3

Trying to get the squeezelite experimental mode to work at my Innuos Zen mk3, following the very easy instructions but ending up that my Mytek Brooklyn dac is not to be found,

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Library Size

Description of Issue

Well then, good morning all of you as my english teacher used to say back in the days.
Trying to get the squeezelite experimental mode to work at my Innuos Zen mk3, following the very easy instructions but ending up that my Mytek Brooklyn Dac is not to be found.

This seems to be a question for Innuos as it is an experimental feature of the Innuos device and software squeezlite players are not supported (read here). Also there are points of the template left blank.

Note: IIRC you need to connect the DAC via USB for this to work. Is this the case in your setup?

1 Like

Yes, I have been i contact with them. It seems like I am the only one to fail with this.
Maybe a crazy question, but this should work with the gear i have Innuos and the Brooklyn, I don´t need another device of some kind?

Although Roon make that statement about not supporting Squeezebox/Squeezelite endpoints, Antipodes servers offer paired Roon server/Squeezelite player (and several other players with the Roon server), and they work perfectly. I’ve read in several places that Roon have worked hard over the years to make sure their server is compatible with at least certain other players. So even though they don’t test in-house, I believe there is an effort to keep support for these pairings active.

Can you point us to the instructions? Have you told Roon to talk the right language to the Squeezelite virtual device?

1 Like

On the second question I am not sure how you mean.

https://innuos.com/kb/configuring-roon-experimental-mode/

You go into Roon and switch on Squeezebox support.
Setting: Setup: Squeezebox Support. That would be 5 and 6 in your guide. Reboot Roon core if it doesn’t immediately appear.

Thanks, I may be the slowest thinker. I got it working, something struck me when you wrote virtual…and the coin fell down.

1 Like

No worries! We got there in the end!

1 Like