Innuous Zen Mini as Roon Core - any good?

Happy Christmas to you too Robert. We’re in Tier 4 so very limited family gathering unfortunately but that’s a whole different topic… good to have a break from wall-to-wall Zoom calls nonetheless.

Sorry to hear it’s not all sorted - I must have got the wrong end of the stick from the earlier posts. My “use case” does seem more straight forward (in that I started with the ZenMini as the Roon Core from Day 1) but, despite that, doing the database back-ups is no picnic either. I spent a good few hours late on Xmas day after the kids had gone to bed trawling the forum / wider Internet on backing up the Roon database to a USB drive, either connected to the ZenMini or connected to my MacBook (used as a controller rather than Core).

There is a similar thread on this community which addresses this for PCs (Backing Up Roon Database) which may be useful for you (think you run Windows on a PC?) but nothing for Mac per se. So I’ve logged a support call with Innuos as I think it’s a networking issue between the ZenMini and the Mac.

I have previously done a network share on MacBook folders without any issues so I think this side of the connection is fine. I’m hoping this is problem Innuos have encountered before and this will then allow me to avoid paying £9 a month to DropBox just for the Roon database back-up. Innuos have been very responsive in my limited experience thus far so fingers crossed. If I get anything I think may be helpful I’ll drop it on this thread.

Cheers,

Jonathan

1 Like