Install remote client on Windows 10 PC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ROCK NUC i7 Version 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Gigabit Ethernet (Netgear and ASUS routers) for NUC and Windows 10 PC; WiFi-6 for iPad control.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
USB from NUC to DAC to amplifier to speakers.

Description Of Issue
I’m a new Roon user and I’m loving it using ROCK on my home stereo controlled by a iPad. Works great for a large music collection.

I want to install control and output on a Windows 10 PC. I’ve been using this PC to help transfer my music collection from my NAS to the internal 2nd SSD in the NUC. Every time I install the 64 bit version of Roon on the Windows PC, and I connect to the Roon Core running on the NUC i7, I can see a few of my albums on the launch screen but Roon then hangs. I confirmed that my firewall gives permission to Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe.

Thoughts on where to triage next?

First try the 32 bit client.

1 Like

Brilliant, works just fine using the 32 bit client, many thanks

I’d then go to your manufacturer graphics card site and get the latest driver, not windows update, and see if installing that allows you to use the 64 bit version.
I suggested the 32 bit version as it’s a quick way of looking to see if it is potentially a video issue.

1 Like

You are correct again. I had an outdated driver for a old GTX 670, updated, and now 64 bit Roon runs well, thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.