Installation Issue

I am trying to install Roon Server on Debian 8. All of my libraries are installed. All the checks run great. But it gives an “Unknown Error -1.” I am pasting the text below.

Do you want to install RoonServer on this machine? [Y/n] y

Downloading RoonServer_linuxx64.tar.bz2 to /tmp/tmp.77yNgPi7q5/RoonServer_linuxx64.tar.bz2

######################################################################## 100.0%

Unpacking RoonServer_linuxx64.tar.bz2...Done

Checking to see if RoonServer can run on this machine

Checking for Binary Compatibility                            [   OK   ]
    Checking for ALSA Libraries                                  [   OK   ]
    Checking for ffmpeg or avconv                                [   OK   ]
    Checking for the mount.cifs command                          [   OK   ]
    Testing ulimit -n 8192                                       [   OK   ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: The /opt/RoonServer directory already exists.

This usually indicates that RoonServer was installed previously on this machine. The previous
installation must be deleted before the installation can proceed.

Under normal circumstances, this directory does not contain any user data, so it should be safe to delete it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delete /opt/RoonServer and re-install? [Y/n] y

Copying Files...Done
Failed to get D-Bus connection: Unknown error -1

Installing /etc/systemd/system/roonserver.service

Enabling service roonserver...
Service Enabled

Starting service roonserver...
Failed to get D-Bus connection: Unknown error -1

The RoonServer installer did not complete successfully.

An unknown error code does not help me solve the problem. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: I should be more specific. This is a Debian 8 container within FreeNAS 10.

First of all, “Unknown error” is standard *nix lingo for error code -1, which is the generic error code returned by many binaries and shell scripts when something more specific is not warranted. Search for “Failed to get D-Bus connection” to find that it comes from failing to connect to systemd for a systemctl command. AFAIK not all Linux distros come with systemd as a default (systemd was/is controversial). Searching for “debian systemd” yields https://wiki.debian.org/systemd that explains how to install systemd. Hope this helps.

That is exactly it! THANK YOU!!!