Installed Microsoft Edge Update and Roon Server Stopped working

Foolishly allowed MS to update and install Edge on my Win10 Roon core and now Roon server fails.
If I start an instance of Roon on my Roon Core PC and then try to connect remotely things work. The moment I close Roon on the Core I can no longer connect using a remote pc - even when Roon Server is “running”. I have tried starting/stopping/rebooting the Core PC and Roon Server using multiple permutations without success.
Any Ideas?

Hello @Lee_Bruce1, and welcome to the community! I’d like to get logs from your instance of RoonServer and take a look. Please use the directions found here (specifically the part for RoonServer) and send us over a set of logs using this link. Please let me know when you’ve got those logs uploaded and we’ll take a look, thanks!

Sorta same here. Roon server on core laptop will not even open or start after latest Win 10 upgrade with Edge.

Update: Started working again. I did nothing. Head scratching.

Completely uninstalled then reinstalled Roon/Roonserver and restored a backup to get things working again. Makes no sense to me…

Hello @Lee_Bruce1, I’m glad things are working again, please let me know if this issue returns so we can help you.

@David_Hawkins, thanks for your report on this! If it happens again let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.