Installing Music on the Nucleus

OK, I think I might have it. Every time I tried to drag an individual track over, it started playing. So, I finally drilled down to what I would call an album folder and dragged it over. This seemed to copy all the individual tracks to the SSD.

Also, there is no stutter or static sound this morning. Last night I was listening through Sennheiser headphones through a pretty long and complicated route from the Nucleus to the headphones. Today it sounds great simply from Nucleus => HDMI => Oppo 203 => HDMI => Bose.

Thanks for all your help. I think I’m good for now.

1 Like

I had an unusual problem with dropouts and stuttering after first going to the Nuc/Rock with HDMI to Receiver. Believe it or not, that apparently had something to do with my LG TV trying to draw power over the HDMI circuit for a USB powered device. Unplugged the the USB powered device from the TV and the problem cleared up. No more dropouts or stuttering. Just FYI in case you run into something like that again.

It sounds like you’re satisfied with the Nuc HDMI to OPPO playback. That is good to hear.

Thanks. Yes, I’m totally pleased with the audio using HDMI from Nucleus to Oppo 203. I unplugged my USB drive from the Nucleus and will only connect it when doing backups. Maybe that was the problem. I’ll try it with the Sennheiser headphones tonight, but for now, I need to enjoy my Nucleus to Oppo to Bose music!

I’m following with interest since I’ve got a Nucleus on the way (Black Friday got me too!) and will be using it with an Oppo 205. You said in your first post that you’re getting MQA in the proper resolution, but later you mentioned that you’re using HDMI between the Nucleus and Oppo. I thought the 203/205’s were restricted to the USB-IN for full MQA unfold? If you’re getting it through HDMI that would be perfect for me, since I want to be able to do multichannel DSD (which I know USB won’t do). Thanks in advance!

The Oppo 203 does not unfold MQA. The Oppo 205 does. For MQA, I only get the first unfold from Roon. I’m using ethernet to Nucleus, then HDMI to Oppo 203. Not using USB if that matters. If I want the full MQA unfold, I use my Dragonfly Cobalt with Dell or iPhone.

I see, I was unaware of the difference between the 203 and 205. Thanks again.

1 Like

Nucleus seems to be working flawlessly. Thanks Danny et al.

Shouldn’t I see my music files here? If not, where are they? Thanks.

OK, I see what’s happening here. I have not yet figured out how to copy my music files to here. When I thought I was dragging and dropping them here, I was actually just changing the folder I was seeing to the PC folder where they reside.

So, how the hell do I copy them here. I can’t believe I can’t figure out how to copy files from one location to another.

Evidently, there is more involved when copying files from a Windows 10 computer to a Linux installed hard drive across an ethernet connected network. Can someone please help me figure this out. Thanks.

Hi James,

Are your music files currently on a USB thumb drive plugged into the nucleus?

Can you post a screenshot of your Roon Settings > Storage window?

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Music files are on my Dell XPS 15 laptop computer in the Music folder. It will not let me drag them to the Nucleus storage folder nor will it let me copy and paste.

Sorry, I haven’t been a Windows guy for a long time. Are you not able to right click on the Music directory on your Dell and click Copy. Then right click on your \\Nucleus\data\storage\Internalstorage\ window and select Paste?

Did I read above that you copied your music folder to a USB thumb drive?

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

No, I cannot paste to the Nucleus storage folder. Paste is not an option. I did copy the music files to a USB drive.

I also cannot see the Nucleus when I look for network devices in Windows Explorer. Seems like something to do with permissions or sharing, etc. I’ve been retired for 16 years and have forgotten more than I ever knew about this stuff.

In the File Explorer window, if you type in \\Nucleus\Data\Storage\Internalstorage\ ,does it ask for user name and password? Did you type in Guest for both?

Can you also try typing in \\Nucleus\Data\ in the File Explorer window give me a screenshot?

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot the \ after Internalstorage and data\ . I corrected it above.

1 Like

It did not ask for user name or password.

If you have all your music on the USB thumb drive, can you plug it in to the Nucleus?

After that click on the storage folder in the screenshot above.

Post another screenshot of the \\Nucleus\Data\Storage\

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

I need to see \\Nucleus\Data\Storage\ after the thumb drive is in.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like