Integra DHC-80.x and Roon

Great, build 8 has fixed so I can play my HDtracks files in full resolution to my Integra DHC-80.2 processor. I also like the changes you have made to the GUI with splitting up the information for a cleaner look and feel e.g. placing the resolution and time information under the picture. It is impressive to see how much time you spend on the usability experience, keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @joakim!

i have same problem how did you resolve issue.

i completely new and lost in the jargon
using
essence ll
speaker out from card to I
ntegra 80.6

ROON says no audio device found

@terrill_daily,

The solution may not help you as you are using a discrete soundcard with analog or digital outputs while I am using the HDMI connection on my Intel motherboard connected to a HDMI port on the Integra.

I have not found that the Asus Essence has a HDMI, but if it does there is a problem to get it to provide an audio signal without a video signal. I have not been able to get my Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 to work.

The solution I use is to set Roon Output Settings to Use Exclusive Mode:
Click on menu (upper left) > Settings > Audio Tab > Disable System Output > Click on the Cog wheels* > Check box ā€œUse Exclusive Modeā€.

*Cog wheels should be in the line that shows Integra as a connected device. In my case it reads: DHC-80.2 IntelĀ® monitorsound.

thanks for your quick responce

ROON does not show the interga as a connected devise

Does it show your Essence II Soundcard as a connected device and if so can you apply the setting ā€œUse Exclusive Modeā€ for that to see if the Integra picks up the sound signal?

My motherboard soundcard is shown as Realtek Digital Output and Realtek Digital Output (Optical) and they allow the Use Exklusive Mode setting.

Build 88 has resulted in that the Integra 80.x no longer recognize DSD streams, which has worked since build 8. DSD over PCM v1.0 (DoP) and the Inital dCS method setting are silent. Any advice of how to get it to work again? Was there a third DSD stream alternative in previous builds?