Integrated ALC1220 not available anymore

Hi,

On my Windows 10 PC, I sometimes use the integrated ALC1220 sound card, available on the Z270 Taichi motherboard.
Since the last update (Windows V2004 and Roon build 555) the ALC1220 sound card is not available ( to use or to enable for use)
Is this a Windows problem or a Roon problem?

I would imagine windows update is to blame, it has a habit of blatting realtek drivers. Try going to the realtek site and installing their driver.

Already reinstalled the drivers, no effect!
BTW the alc1220 is running fine in windows/Tidal client, only in Roon it doesn’t show up.

Oh ok when you said it wasn’t available I thought you meant everywhere.
Other than making sure roon is still in the firewall exception I can’t help.

Hi @Marius_Badau,

Can you please check the Windows firewall? I have sometimes seen Windows update remove already added exceptions to the firewall.

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

1 Like

hi, that’s a fix
thx

2 Likes

Happy to help @Marius_Badau!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.