Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

+1 for Roon integration. Soon, please!

+1+1+1 - A game changer

As stated many times in this thread, Amazon has to want to play.

The ball is in their court, not Roon’s.

6 Likes

There are 2 players in this game - sounds like Roon needs Amazon more than Amazon needs Roon.

Roon should be aggressor

3 Likes

Amazon probably say Who is Roon

Unlikely to be high on their hit list …

2 Likes

Roon have already stated, if you want full integration Amazon have to open up their systems. Roon cannot make them.
I have no idea what the big deal with amazon is, we have two fully integrated services already that deliver all the music in the world.

11 Likes

Well said Chris! With Tidal and Qobuz it seems to me that Roon is pretty well complete…

5 Likes

I think they ask less money for their service.
That might be the main argument.

At the moment.

2 Likes

Amazon is already causing price pressure.
Apple is available now for $99.99/year. Qobuz lowered their rate in the US.
Will be difficult for smaller players.

That’s only a temporary limited time deal, until they raise their subscription numbers by a certain number in the USA. It sounds like they’re hurting to get more subscribers.

Well. My stand is, Music isn’t free and that won’t be good for Roon either. Pay up and support music people.

4 Likes

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it AGAIN:
This ‘life’ should not, at any cost, be a ‘race to the bottom’. Quality and services cost. PAY UP! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

10 Likes

Prices will come down. That is unavoidable.
Smaller players will be wiped out. Unavoidable.
This is the way our economic system works.

1 Like

Another vote here.

I suggest everyone take advantage of the Qobuz $149.99 annual subscription while it is available. Maybe Tidal will lower their price to meet competition. Then, we couldn’t care less about Amazon HD. I’m just glad my 90 free trial ended without me getting charged.

1 Like

Are you assuming that Roon hasn’t been the aggressor?

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the Roon community and have been using Roon for the past couple of months and love it.

I have to say, I would be in favour of having Amazon Music HD integration in Roon. I’ve also contacted Amazon directly regarding this, hoping that both parties can work together to make this work.

At present I’ve been enjoying Tidal streaming through Roon and I think we should welcome more choice in streaming services for the end-user.

I’ve tried Qobuz but unfortunately I found their music curation appears to be targeted at more of an older audience which doesn’t fit my musical tastes and also find they still seem to have holes in their music library compared to other streaming services.

Tidal offers music curation more to my liking however, I would prefer FLAC over MQA for Hi-Resolution content as this limits my choice in audio hardware such as DACs if I wanted to take full advantage of MQA.

Amazon’s music curation so far has been the closest to my musical tastes and they stream in FLAC which I prefer. However, they have issues with regards to bit-perfect playback (everything seems to be upsampled to 24bit/192Hz) and the lack of an open API to allow third-party integration of their service.

Either way, I think more choice is a good thing for the Roon community and I hope Roon and Amazon can make this work.

1 Like

Pertty soon everything will be Amazon, what is wrong with Tidal/Qobuz!

I use only Qobuz but surely concur that it is largely sedate music and may appeal to a different/older crowd than Tidal such as Blue Coast Collection 3.

I know that Amazon has the strength to bring anything to the table. It would be a nice option in Roon, but I suspect that Amazon is very demanding and restrictive of other businesses. We shall see.