Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

Here’s my question - what percentage of people in the United States who know or care what 24/192 means are currently Roon users? I bet its a high number. If Amazon seriously wants to sell the Ultra Hi-res service they need to get this type of community excited about it.

Wow Tidal must be hoping that Amazon doesn’t allow this.

1 Like

After looking at the Play-Fi and HEOS integrations, I’m a bit more hopeful. But it seems both of them had already bought into the Amazon Alexa ecosystem, which Roon has not.

Roon has around 100K users, which is essentially nothing to Amazon. That’s part of our collective concern.

Yes…Amazon has 32 million music unlimited customers, 100 million paying Prime users, and a couple billion shoppers. They care not for 100,000 users of our beloved Roon. Not making a value judgement, just the reality.

2 Likes

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: High resolution audio from Amazon

Another vote for the Amazon integration. I’m not going to mess around with downloading and configuring anything–all I want to do is play music. If there’s no Roon integration, I am not even bothering to try it. I don’t use my Qobuz all that much but it is nice to have integrated with Roon. Having Amazon as a second source would be nice. (I don’t/won’t touch tidal ever again.)

I just have this sinking feeling that Amazon might discontinue high-res after a period of time. They’ll find that only a tiny niche of audiophiles is streaming anything higher than 16/44.1, and/or that we’re too fussy on getting it to work with our equipment. They can’t be bothered. They’re after mass market only. A company like Qobuz is run by music lovers, and I’ll stick with them to the bitter end. Plus, Qobuz offers the Sublime+ perk of high-res purchases at a significant discount. Based on titles I’m interested in, I would get back that extra $50/year with only seven or eight purchases, which would only put a small dent in my want list.

3 Likes

Well, I would also like Roon to integrate Amazon music, it would be cheaper for me.

Seems like the Roon people are on a long vacation to Mars. Utter silence in so many threads, no updates. It is slowly becoming ridiculous. What is the point of having a communication board, if you don‘t communicate?!?

At least a little, ah this would be interesting - we will try, would be nice. Just keep this forum alive.

So +1 then :joy:

Or, if we’re being optimistic, maybe they’re on a long working trip to Seattle (Amazon HQ) :slight_smile:

I can’t believe that Roon wouldn’t jump on the opportunity to integrate Amazon music if that option is made available to them for all the reasons already mentioned. It’s going to come down to Amazon’s willingness to expose the necessary APIs to enable it to happen. I would be very surprised if Roon hasn’t approached Amazon to see what the lie of the land is. Perhaps no news is good news if they are in the middle of discussions at the moment. If that is the case then it doesn’t mean that the discussions will necessarily end well but might mean that at least the door hasn’t immediately been slammed in Roon’s face and they are are still discussing.

1 Like

I agree completely.
It will be interesting to see if Amazon engage with Roon on this. After all, engaging with Roon is probably both insignificant, and possibly incompatible with Amazon’s business strategy with regard to Amazon Music’s growth and dominance in the marketplace.
However, I agree that a successful partnership with Roon will benefit Roon, and probably contribute demonstrably to their future growth.

2 Likes

+1 for Amazon integration :pray::pray:

I think what Roon has is a very strong presence in hifi magazines and among audiophiles, and Amazon might want in on that for marketing purposes.

5 Likes

I think roon integration will benefit Amazon. I’m sure next year Apple with have a hi-res service that will only be compatible with other Apple products. So if Amazon gives access to as many third party services as possible, this can only benefit them. The all ready list a bunch of hardware companies on their web page.

1 Like

any plans for integration? I’d love to drop Tidal.

2 Likes

Let’s keep this topic about the feature request, there’s dedicated topic to discuss Amazon’s initiative…

Why would I want Tidal or Qobuz if I can get the same Hirez and perhaps more cd quality at a fraction of the price with Amazon? How can Tidal and qobuz survive this?

Maybe there are some short comings but I don’t see why there should be.

My qobuz sublime has discounted downloads. I love the Roon integration but if Amazon is added why would I want to continue qobuz? Just these two reasons?

Maybe some think tidal mqa sounds better and like the lower file size?

I would welcome Amazon Roon integration

I just started the trial, so far the experience was pretty slick, once disabled the Volume Normalization :nauseated_face:

I strongly encourage Roon community to drop a feedback asking Amazon to consider to work on Roon integration, in the app, click on your name at the left of the search box, and select Help and then Tell us how we’re doing, and use the text box to let them now.
Amazon has millions of customers, Roon far less (safe expectation), but more active and versed toward Audio Quality.
Come on, Rooner, it takes litterally 2 minutes to send the feedback :metal:

Here’s mine:

9 Likes

What does it say that no one from Roon has commented in any way?

A post was merged into an existing topic: High resolution audio from Amazon

I think that means they have no ‘yes’ and no ‘no’ yet :slight_smile:
They will tell us when a) they know if it is technically possible with Amazons API and b) if Amazon allows it.

KR
Chris