Integrity with Roon Rock Extension: Roon Web Controller

I am a blind user of Roon. The only way I can use Roon myself is to use the Roon Web Controller extension. I intend to configure a computer for Roon Rock only. If the Web interface that is currently used for configuring Roon Rock was expanded to include the ability to search the library and select the file to be played as it allows the Web Controller would be perfect. All blind music lovers could use this solution. And Roon would become an available program. Regards Robert

3 Likes

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Interface & Usability

Description of Issue

First off, I’ve heard sound through , Roon and it sounds incredible! I am a totally blind user, and must admit I was discouraged to find both the Roon software on the Mac and the Roon Remote completely inaccessible for a blind user. I understand the blind user base is not a large one, but for a piece of software which would be incredibly valuable to a blind customer to be this inaccessible greatly disappoints me. I hope there might be some consideration in the future to incorporate even a little usability improvements for the blind user, as your service, as far as I can tell, is completely unusable. Thanks for any consideration.

Roon Server Platform

macOS

Roon Server Specifications

MacBook Pro 13 inch 2017 - 16 gb ram - intel 3.3 ghz processor

Connected Audio Devices

Sony TAzhe1

Home Network Details

Connected via wifi.

Hello @justin.kauflin - I’ve moved your post from the Support category of the forum into the Feedback category. All posts in this category are read by the Roon Labs team for consideration.

The lack of accessibility to all Roon control platforms for people with visual problems is a very big problem that I raised three years ago. Unfortunately, nothing has changed since then, and it’s probably even worse because WebController is not developed and I don’t know if it still works. The transfer from the support section to the fitback section already shows that this problem is not important to the Creators of Roon - which is a pity. It’s sad to say but this is an additional burden for disabled people.