Intel graphics driver has memory a leak – fix available

Much has been reported on this, but a solution has not been found in all cases. Here is another solution for Intel graphics hint:

3 Likes

Hey @Uwe_Albrecht,

Thank you for reaching out to us! My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

I’m sorry to hear that you were having issues with potential system crashes. Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know. We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks!

Hello Benjamin,

I don’t need any help here, as I was already able to isolate a problem via Born’s IT block. The frequent view shows that it is important to make such hints public.

I better move it to Audio-Gear Talk now, so it can be read there even longer and found with the search function.

I am having a headache with the metadata optimizer because it is insanely slow. I now read my large database in its pause mode. This is faster and when everything is there, it can spend weeks improving.

I suspect that’s the main root of problems that many customers are having at the moment. When the optimizer gets stuck, it freezes the whole system.

I have made observations about this and share them. With all the frustration and joy that Roon can bring.

I think others need more help at this time.

I had experienced Windows 10 Roon scrolling being very slow. After updating the Intel display drivers from Intel web site (important: not Windows update) and rebooting it, the scrolling is back to normal.

Yes many problems are on the user’s machine because old, wrong or faulty drivers are used. But some cannot be solved on the user side even with the best drivers. Improving metadata is a task that Roon has set itself and I am now watching how this job works out.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.