Intel i7 NUC11PAH17 i7-1165G7 usb connection to my amp not working

Roon Core Machine

Roon rock optimized core latest build

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Have an AMR am777 amp has usb connection to onboard dac. Works with Roon on windows now I e changed to Roon rock nuc optimized but it no longer shows as device also hdmi does not work in my reciver can you help

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Usb from nuc to amp don’t work no sound

Did you enable the NUC’s HDMI output on the ROCK in Roon > Settings > Audio? If you see more than one, then I think it’s the HDMI 0 that you need. (Once it’s enabled you can also give it a custom name and open its output settings).

I’m connecting via usb not hdmi will changing bios for hdmi fix the issue?

Ooops, sorry, I misread because you mentioned HDMI as well. But I think if you connect the DAC by USB it should also show up in the same place, but scroll down, too. Is it not there?

Sadly, it looks like that amp might not work connected to Linux which is what ROCK is based on. I would suggest going back to the Windows PC or loading Windows on the NUC.

From Audiophyle Style forum

This may already be known, but I have received confirmation from AMR that the USB input is not guaranteed to support Linux. It appears their input is not UAC2 compatible. AMR develops their own input firmware and drivers for OSX/Windows and Linux is left out of the development.

1 Like

I unplugged the hdmi which also don’t work just used the usb and it worked so that is solved now the hdmi is left on this new build. The hdmi 0 I get sound but it’s all muffled I have tried all from 0 to 11 0 is the only one I get sound out off but is not audible what should I do for hdmi

I have gone into the bios what should be the settings in there for audio to get hdmi to work?

HDMI outputs digital data, so typically it comes out or it doesn’t. Are you sure the muffled sound isn’t caused by your receiver after it receives the data?

Good question but hdmi works with windows works with Nvidia shield Apple that perfect only Roon rock issue so it must be settings. What should I enable and click on in the bios advanced settings ?

OK, strange. I don’t know which settings and I don’t know what in the BIOS could cause muffled sound over HDMI. But then I’ve also never used HDMI with Roon. Hopefully someone else with better ideas will show up.

Thanks suedkiez

Hdmi plays but the song played very slow like in slow motion anyone know why and how it can be fixed?

Hmmm OK, slow motion could be a sample rate problem. Let’s say if sample rate is 88.2 kHz but it’s replayed at 44.1. Maybe the sender and receiver don’t agree for some reason. HDMI generally is a bit of a can of worms because it’s poorly standardized. On the NUC11, Roon does officially support it, but who knows.

Just guessing but can you try a different HDMI cable?

Could also be a Linux driver issue. For instances, this happened with some HDMI chipsets on Ubuntu Linux:

Hi @Vas_Antoniou,
Thank you for your patience while we worked through the queue. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Although I followed Roon rock list of Nicsia supported and chose the one that has hdmi support it does not work I’m very disappointed. Can Roon support help me resolve this major issue I have?

Hi @Vas_Antoniou,
Can you connect the NUC to a TV with your HDMI cable? If so does the same issue happen? As @Rugby mentioned earlier AMR does not support Linux you’ll either need to try the HDMI or RCA input. If you use RCA you can use a Raspberry Pi. You can find more information here.

A Wiim Pro is also an easy to setup Roon Endpoint with RCA out.

When connected through hdmi on my Yamaha 3080 I get no sound I see the nuc on screen but when I connect on Roon to play on hdmi it gives some noises but no music why?

Is this on the tv or somewhere else?

Still no hdmi can Ron support help? I specificaly bought what Roon said would work as a nuc. Very disappointing !!!