Interface no longer plaing Audio

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

OS Name: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
OS Version: 10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393
Total Physical Memory: 12.270 MB
Available Physical Memory: 8.884 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size: 21.998 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 15.885 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use: 6.113 MB
Hotfix(s): 9 Hotfix(s) Installed.
[01]: KB3199986
[02]: KB4503537
[03]: KB4509091
[04]: KB4512574
[05]: KB4520724
[06]: KB4521858
[07]: KB4524244
[08]: KB4540723
[09]: KB4540670
Network Card(s): 1 NIC(s) Installed.
[01]: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Connection Name: Ethernet
DHCP Enabled: No

RoonCore: 1.7 build 528 stable 64bit
RoonRemote: 1.7 build 528 stable 64bit

Storage: QNAP TS-853A
Firmware: 4.4.1.1117
CPU: N3160@1.6 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: WD6002FFWX-68TZ4N0 4x RAID 6
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2x RAID 1 Cash

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Router: Asus RT-AC88U
Firmware: 3.0.0.4.384_81116-g709c838
AiMesh nodeds: Asus RT-AC86U 2x Ethernet
Firmware: 3.0.0.4.384_81352-g9910ab0

Storage: Ethernet 2x1gb 802.3ad dynamic
Server: Ethernet 1gb
Remote: Windows Ethernet 1gb
Remote: iPad WiFi
Remote: Auralic Altair Ethernet 1gb

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Remote: Windows output 3.5 mm jack

Description Of Issue

Roonremote interface working but not playing anything annymore. Loading new tracks but not playing them stuck at 0 seconds. Afthere a reboot of the RoonCore it al works again.

Problem randomly occurs. Did not find a real time line.

1 Like

You don’t mention any switches in use. How are the various components of your Roon system connected?
As it is very uncommon for consumer grade routers and access points like your ASUS products to support 802.3ad you can try and remove one of the Ethernet cables as a test.

Update: Link aggregation is supported on the RT-AC88U (Ethernet ports 1 + 2 only) if configured appropriately.

Hi @John_van_Beers1,

When this issue occurs, does it impact all of your audio zones or just one/some of them? Does “System Output” on the Core or system output on your iPad continue to work as expected? Does this behavior occur with both local and streaming content?

Becouse I dont use dedicated switches, the RT-AC88U is conecteted to 2x RT-AC86U over ethernet. I can conform this in the Interface of the RT-AC88U see picture below. Its also forced to do this instead of the WiFi option

That is right, thats one has one of the resounse why I selected it back then. This is how its configeured together with the QNAP TS-853A. Inside the QNAP TS-853A is a Virtual Switch where The Roon server is on the Windows Server

The TS-853A will bush a messsage that the link has lost a conection.

When it happens again I will test this.

For the device where the problem occurs its for both streaming and local content.

If there is need for more information feel free to ask.

Hi @John_van_Beers1,

In the past I have seen reports that AIMesh is not too stable when running with Roon (or by itself in general). Please see my post here for further information:

Hi @noris,

Thanks for your replay the funny thing is that the mashine where the problem is occuring is not conected to a AiMesh node but derectlie to the RT-AC88U over ethernet. I will see in to this links you gave to me and report back.

Update: For the network setup for a better picture :wink: I hope it’s helpfull

Hi @John_van_Beers1,

Thanks for the screenshot! Just a side-question, which app did you use to create the diagram? If it’s an online app, please let me know as it would possibly be a great resource for other users to show their network setup.

As for the main issue at hand:

Does this behavior only impact the System Output zone? If you try connecting a DAC to the PC, does the same issue occur for the DAC as well?

You are welkome I used this online app https://online.visual-paradigm.com/ and made a screenshot :smile: did not want to make a account :innocent:

I will test this case when the problem happens again

Test to do give feedback:

1 Like

Thanks for the info @John_van_Beers1!
Do let me know how the test goes once it is complete.

@noris

Ok, I have the problem agina

• Try connecting a DAC to the PC: Dont have a DAC laing around right now. But I testeted it with differend outputs for the device, the problem only happens when using the default play device (by windows). When I eneble the Dedicaded line to the output it play’s again. This device is connected to the Roon Core over ethernet.
  • Both for local and streaming content: When switchig back it’s for local and streaming content for the Default
  • Impact all of your audio zones or just one/some of them:
    One Audio zone.
    Phone working
    Dedicaded audio zone (same device see test above) Working Update (for one test) now not working anny more. After trying to play from Tidal and then back to local it did not work anny more. Update Enebling and dissabling the dedicaded Audio resolved the problem for local again. Attempted to play from Tidal gave a error again. Keeps loading and bliking. Local content again not playing. Intrestting :thinking:

Update, attemting to play song on Phone (Tidal content) not working. Loacl content keeps loading again to. Force killed the app resoleved the problem for local content

Update: seems like there are connection issues

Update: Loged out and in again:
Laoding cirecel is gone.

Update: The play bar keeps thinking its the nightrider

I have had this issue twice with my Rock it happened last night and appeared to be linked with my core loosing Tidal connection. After I logged out of Tidal and back in it refused to then play any music local or otherwise to any endpoint. I had to reboot core to get it to resume. This has only ever happened since last Roon update.

Thx for your input, this was for me at that moment also the way how I resolved the isseu but I dont know exactlie if the problem wasn’t there before.

Yep looks to be linked with Tidal I had same when I looked at Tidal constant spinning which means it stuck syncing as its lost connection to Tidal for some reason. I keep having to log in as the new authentication login for Tidal just logs you out.

Hi @John_van_Beers1,

It sounds like this issue only occurs when TIDAL is not able to login properly, as your local content works properly after rebooting the DAC.

I wonder if logs will provide further clues, can you please let me know the exact local time + date + track you have an issue with next time this occurs and send me your Roon logs by using these instructions?

The best way to get them over to me is via Dropbox / Google Drive / your preferred upload service, but if you don’t have either just let me know and I can provide an alternate upload method.

Hi @noris

I did already a reboot of the server, I will post you when I have a update with the log’s
Currently installing the update.
Keeping you informed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.