I am pretty sure all Roonians have their hands full with Roon 2.0 at this stage. But is there any official support response on this? My renewal date is creeping up with a dash of speed unfortunately.
Tagging @support in case it has been missed in among the beta and launch users.
Thank you for caring!
We are in fact very busy with 2.0 but I’ve got your back.
First I will preface that I expect issues with any device hardwired to any sort of mesh node that is not also hard wired. In my setup, both of my ASUS AiMesh routers are hardwired at either end of the house due to the high intranet demand Roon calls for.
That being said, I’m happy to look at logging and diagnostics. Can you duplicate the issue for me? I’d like to be able to identify a date/time/track that coincides with the problems you’re experiencing. I’ve seen some odd things happen in logging for all kinds of software and hopefully we can shed some light!
Let me know. I’ll follow up on any response from you with my findings.
Hi @Wes ,
thanks for getting back to me despite the pressure of supporting the new release.
This just supports what @CrystalGipsy said above. So I think before diving into logs I am going to attempt moving my Roon Core to the router today so that it is no longer attached to a satellite. If I can make the hardware fit I will run it like that and see what happens.
Should it happen again then we can investigate deeper but if it is a known issue from wiring into a satellite I’d rather try your suggestion and not waste your time to most likely just confirm what you already suspect.
Hi Almero I never asked if you had a Tri band solution or a dual band in your Orbi.
With a Tri band I have never had Roon dropout’s from having Roon plugged into a satellite even when streaming 24/192 and DSD256 (now my Sonos/Roon integration is a disaster due to this but that is a different story).
I used to sync my Synology over this Link and it would clock in about 800Mb constant throughout so it could be worth testing file copies from one to the other and see what your throughput looks like.
It makes sense to move it to the main router first and then build back out from there, but it does make me wonder if you have any channel interference on the tri band channel if that is the case.
Yeah I have the tri band. It never used to give any issues. Perhaps as the software grew it reached critical mass on my network.
I doubt you could max the backhaul out without a fair number of zones transmitting a DSD256 upscaled.
Does your device allow you to change the backhaul channel, mine does not as it is the original model.
Worth trying it on the main router just to see if the problem goes away and if it doesn’t then that gives you something else to look at
We are here to serve our fellow audiophiles so you are most welcome!
Please let me know how things go with moving your core. I really think this step will effect change in your current situation. If nothing else, it’s a great troubleshooting step to eliminate some of the possibilities!
Ok after what feels like rearranging the whole house it is now connected to the router. Now it is wait and see.
Keep us posted! Enjoy your weekend.
Thank you, @Wes. Same to you and will do.