Intermittent Loss of Connection to Roon Server (ref#LEC3MG)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

I run roon through my imac, big sur 11.7.10. Output to KEF LS 50 W ii. Stream qobuz, tidal. The imac has wired connection to Fios modem. Everything except roon has no problems with this very stable connection. However, in the past few months, roon periodically "can't find roon server." Sometimes I can get the connection back by restarting roon. Any suggestions welcome.

Is the Fios just a modem, or a modem/router/switch/access point type?

I’d reboot your network equipment starting with you ISPs device through to Roon Server.

hmnn…not being technically oriented I’m not sure if the Fios device is “just a modem” or modem/router/etc. It is the only device that I have from Verizon Fios, sits on the floor and has an ethernet cable running to my Imac, where Roon is based.

But thank you for your suggestion. This problem only occurs from time to time and I have no idea why all of a sudden it becomes an issue, then not.

Do you have a spare ethernet port on the Fios device?

Try connecting the LS50 Wii via ethernet

Great idea! Right now we can’t make the extra connection but we are moving in July and the modem will be in the same room as the KEFs and the Imac, so I will give this a try. I think having both connections wired will be an advantage. Appreciate your thoughts!

1 Like

Hi @stewart_kiritz,

@Menzies is steering you in the right direction with taking a closer look at your network setup. I see you’re moving in July, if you’d like to test out simplifying your network prior to that certainly let me know!

Something as simple as setting up a hardwire ethernet connection from your imac directly to your primary router could indicate some hints behind the issue.

We’ll be on standby for your reply! :+1:

Yes, I already have a hardwire ethernet connection between my primary router and my iMac. That’s what is very puzzling. I think that I’ll see how things go in CA. We’ll be in a smaller house and all most likely the router and the Imac will be in the same room. I could connect directly to the iMac and also to my KEF speakers. The runs will be much shorter, for one.

1 Like

Sounds good @stewart_kiritz! One thing to note, it would be good to ensure none of your Roon devices are running on duel subnets - see if you can move everything onto a single subnet within your local network.

Do you have wifi disabled on the Mac you have hardwired?